Scaley Leg

Here is the section to ask for help and advice on poultry health matters. You should remember that we and our members may not be qualified to diagnose problems with your animals or to prescribe medications. If you are at all worried you should consult a vet. Any advice is just what each member has found to have worked in their own situation and does not constitute a diagnosis from a member of The Poultry Keeper Forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Scaley Leg

Postby Miss Chooks » 24 Mar 2015, 11:53

Hi, my cockerel had scaly leg, I treated him with Harkers and also used Johnson Scaly Leg cream. Three weeks on and his legs are looking a lot better. I have bought some Benzyl Benzoates from eBay and it arrived today. It is in liquid form (like water), I thought I was getting cream (teach me to read the description more closely!) Can anyone advise how do I apply this? Do I have to dilute it?
Thanks
Miss Chooks
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 34 posts

Re: Scaley Leg

Postby kated » 24 Mar 2015, 15:32

When I used it last, it was a liquid that was white in colour and I believe I had to shake it before use. I painted it on with a paint brush but you can put it in a jam jar and dip the leg in. Don't dilute unless the instructions tell you to.
kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Liked in: 81 posts

Postby Miss Chooks » 24 Mar 2015, 16:41

Thank you Kated, it could possibly be milky, the plastic bottle isn't clear. I will have to paint it on, he is a Sablepoot so can't just stick his foot in.
Miss Chooks
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 34 posts

Postby Fast Farmer » 24 Mar 2015, 18:41

Thought BB had been taken off the market. Do avoid skin contact as many folk in the equine and poultry worlds (including me !) previously not known to suffer allergic reactions have broken out in a body rash and also symptoms of nausea........rubber gloves minimum.
Fast Farmer
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 3 posts

Return to Poultry Clinic