Pullets egg tastes weird

Here is the section to ask for help and advice on poultry health matters. You should remember that we and our members may not be qualified to diagnose problems with your animals or to prescribe medications. If you are at all worried you should consult a vet. Any advice is just what each member has found to have worked in their own situation and does not constitute a diagnosis from a member of The Poultry Keeper Forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Pullets egg tastes weird

Postby Srunicorn69 » 01 Aug 2014, 16:51

My pullet has been laying for a month now and I've just had her on a 3 day course of doxycycline because one of my flock fell ill and I thought they should have a dose as well. Anyway, while she was on the course and 72 hours after she had finished her course I threw her eggs away but she laid yesterday and I fried the egg last night. The yoke was lovely but the white of the egg was very powdery/ bitty. My hens I had five years ago went like that and never changed, so is it something I am feeding them. They have there layers crumble constantly, mealworms after she has laid an egg then at night they have a few par cooked veg and corn on the cob. They have access to cabbage,spinach, and I always go and pick grass from my front garden and cut it up for them.
Sue
Srunicorn69
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 0 post

Return to Poultry Clinic