Full grown adult chicken acts like a chick? What is this?

Here is the section to ask for help and advice on poultry health matters. You should remember that we and our members may not be qualified to diagnose problems with your animals or to prescribe medications. If you are at all worried you should consult a vet. Any advice is just what each member has found to have worked in their own situation and does not constitute a diagnosis from a member of The Poultry Keeper Forums.

Moderator: Moderators

nikiforeva

Full grown adult chicken acts like a chick? What is this?

Post by nikiforeva » 27 Jul 2012, 17:35

Hello
So my Lohman chicken is around 1 year old and around 8 months ago got a little unwell but got better. She has always been quite boney and her comb has never developed (she has never laid egg) She also drinks quite alot but eats fine and has runny poos. Also she spends quite alot of time asleep but I dont think she means to fall asleep as when she realises she shakes her head to wake her self up but usually falls asleep soon after. She can't make chicken noises as she only "cheeps" like a chick and she follows the others trying to cuddle up to them for attention and whenever I pick her up she goes to sleep.
Does anyone know whats going on as I have never seen anything like this?
Thank you :grin: