A Guide to Chicken Poo

Here is the section to ask for help and advice on poultry health matters. You should remember that we and our members may not be qualified to diagnose problems with your animals or to prescribe medications. If you are at all worried you should consult a vet. Any advice is just what each member has found to have worked in their own situation and does not constitute a diagnosis from a member of The Poultry Keeper Forums.

Moderator: Moderators

A Guide to Chicken Poo

Postby gazofcorra » 09 Aug 2009, 18:06

Been trying to find something about some funny coloured poo's i see around the place and came across this web site with pics and explanations, hope it helps.

http://www.chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0
gazofcorra

Liked in: 1 post

Re: A Guide to Chicken Poo

Postby CP » 09 Aug 2009, 20:47

Excellent photos! =D>
The person who compiled those & provided explanations should be applauded as it will help so many people who have questions about the colour/consistency of poo! =D> :grin:
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero
CP

Liked in: 167 posts

Postby gazofcorra » 10 Aug 2009, 16:26

I thanked them on our behalf :-)

Any chance of this being a sticky poo :lol: thread....
Last edited by gazofcorra on 05 Nov 2009, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.
gazofcorra

Postby CP » 11 Aug 2009, 02:33

Good idea..... ;)
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero
CP

Postby Newboy » 12 Aug 2009, 12:58

Very very useful, i'll sleep a little better now, knowing all is normal.
Newboy

Postby Autumn » 12 Aug 2009, 22:55

=D> =D> thank you - it really is quite amazing how many different ones they do! We had people looking after ours recently and they commented too... :lol:

...the 4th one down on the left looks like a duck head... :shock: :?
Autumn

Postby gazofcorra » 13 Aug 2009, 13:08

Autumn wrote:...the 4th one down on the left looks like a duck head... :shock: :?

:lol: ........glad to hear the pics are helping put people's mind at ease as they say " a picture speaks a thousand words" i thought my birds were all on the way out as i had a whole range of different poo's as i thought there were only a few types indicating a healthy chook and a poorly one.......the person who compiled the set of pics has done all chicken keepers a huge favour, just glad i managed to find the website and the topic in question. :mrgreen:
gazofcorra

Postby rickyw » 11 Sep 2009, 11:25

We got our chooks in July...I never imagined a couple of months later that inspecting chicken poop would be so enthralling but it now seems to be a daily obsession..... the things we do ! thanks for the post... puts worried minds at rest...
rickyw

Postby happydays » 23 Sep 2009, 11:31

Superb post, thank you. Have now put it in my favourites for future refence!
happydays

Postby Swaffham Marshs » 04 Nov 2009, 21:52

A year ago I would never have thought I would be looking at photos of chicken poo!

Very informative and thanks, it is very reassuring to us "new keepers". I thought looking after chickens, would be quite easy,
but it is amazing how much there is to learn. And how worried you can get when things go slightly wrong. I never thought I would get so
attached to them and worry about chicken poo!!
Swaffham Marshs

Postby tophen » 08 Mar 2010, 19:18

Great site - very informative. :thumbright:
tophen

Postby Garvie92 » 13 Apr 2010, 22:44

am so glad u posted this. was cleaning out the chicks and one of the chicks pooped and it looked like the normal foamy 1 i was like AHHHHHH :shock: was gonna post it but found this and my panic is now over thank u =D>
3 Black Rocks , 1 ISA Brown , 1 silkie cross , 3 Exchequer leghorns hens, Exchequer leghorn cock , 2 Orpington hen , 1 bantam Barred Rock hen and 4 dogs :)
Garvie92
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 0 post

Postby redgeorge » 14 Apr 2010, 23:37

Interesting - if a bit gross! :shock: Does green poo always indicate Newcastle Disease does anyone know?
redgeorge

Postby CP » 15 Apr 2010, 00:48

AFAIK it can also indicate late stages of worms. ;)
Happy in Hampshire!

CP

Postby red sussex » 25 May 2010, 21:20

you should make a poster :grin: :grin: :grin:
red sussex

Next

Return to Poultry Clinic