Difference between Harkamectin and Ivermectin?

An area for discussion of problems with pests and predators. WARNING: People are discussing problems with predators, that includes things such as fox and bird of prey attack. Such posts may not be nice viewing, but are acceptable.

Moderator: Moderators

Difference between Harkamectin and Ivermectin?

Postby noisette » 11 Sep 2014, 09:15

Hi all :) Been too busy with the garden to spend much time on the 'puter, but hope you've all had a good summer.
On Tuesday, I discovered the first red-mite infestation ...YUK! So I've Ficam'd the hut, chucked out and burnt all the 'furnishings' and treated the girls with Harkamectin. Their dust bath will be topped up and mixed with ant powder today. Will Ficam again in a week's time.
Now I need to replace the Harkamectin, but never have been able to establish the difference between that and Ivermectin. Is one more effective than the other? Does anyone have a recommendation for a supplier that ships to Europe? Many TIA :)

CP likes this post.
noisette
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 7 posts

Re: Difference between Harkamectin and Ivermectin?

Postby noisette » 11 Sep 2014, 09:24

:oops: Wasn't rocket science, was it? Ivermectin is the active ingredient, Harkamectin is a brand name for diluted product.....Wiki is my friend ;)
The feeling of those little horrors swarming up my arms and into my hair will live with me for a long, long time :-&

CP likes this post.
noisette
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 7 posts

Return to Pests and Predators