Red mites in my house!

An area for discussion of problems with pests and predators. WARNING: People are discussing problems with predators, that includes things such as fox and bird of prey attack. Such posts may not be nice viewing, but are acceptable.

Moderator: Moderators

rubyredshoes
Chick
Chick

Red mites in my house!

Post by rubyredshoes » 09 Jun 2013, 18:04

We have taken down a red mite infested wooden house so we can burn it but OH left it propped up against an outside wall of our house. The b**********ers have crawled up the brick work, through the windoww vents and come into our downstairs loo. It is crawling with them. Any suggestions what I can spray which is child, cat and dog friendly? Thank you!!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Sussex Bantams (Speckled, Red, Silver and Light), 2 Silkies, 2 Goldtops, 1 not-ebay-egg-that-isn't-what-I-bought and a Mulberry Blue.

drfish
Location: Head in the clouds, on a high bit in Nottinghamshire

Re: Red mites in my house!

Post by drfish » 09 Jun 2013, 19:18

Ant powder, Diatom, fly and bug killer will probably work to some degree.

Usual stuff you'd use outside is usually kid and pet friendly anyway.
Giving power to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to a teenage boy - P. J. O'Rourke (thanks Jessie)

It's amazing that people can believe everything is predestined but they still look both ways when crossing the road - Stephen Hawking

1 Wife, 3 children, 1 Staffie Bitch (RIP Marley), 1 Chi-Chi, 1 Tuxedo Cat, 1 part Maine Coon cat, male bearded dragon, Horsefield Tortoise, 2 White Silkies, 1 Frizzle Pekin, 1 CLB, 1 Appenzeller Spitzhauben Cockerel, 1 blue laced Wyandotte, 3 Appenzeller x Wynadotte pullets, 1 Call drake, 3 khaki Campbell ducks, 4 (2 male 2 female?) Aylesbury x Campbells, a breeding colony of Dubia cockroaches.

And a lot of Ibuprofen.

CP

Post by CP » 09 Jun 2013, 19:48

Indorex flea spray. ;)
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

rubyredshoes
Chick
Chick

Post by rubyredshoes » 10 Jun 2013, 09:01

Fab, thank you. Indorex spayed the wee monsters.
Sussex Bantams (Speckled, Red, Silver and Light), 2 Silkies, 2 Goldtops, 1 not-ebay-egg-that-isn't-what-I-bought and a Mulberry Blue.