Arghhh Bl00dy Red Mites!!!

An area for discussion of problems with pests and predators. WARNING: People are discussing problems with predators, that includes things such as fox and bird of prey attack. Such posts may not be nice viewing, but are acceptable.

Moderator: Moderators

Clarissa

Re: Arghhh Bl00dy Red Mites!!!

Post by Clarissa » 13 Jun 2013, 12:28

Thanks for that.....I can feel a twitch coming on............. 8-[

Dibs
Chick
Chick

Post by Dibs » 13 Jun 2013, 17:57

Have a look on eBay for individual sachets of Ficam W, they are usually around £9 plus p&p.
I spray all my coops inside and out with Creosote twice yearly and spray all the chickens with Frontline Spray, which I purchase online.
I am currently owned by three French Bulldogs, numerous Frizzle Orpington Bantams, along with Charlie & Vera the Muscovy ducks!

Clarissa

Post by Clarissa » 13 Jun 2013, 18:48

I cant get hold of creosote I have tried every where..... unless I spend 50 quid on a huge amount. I think that will break the straw on the husbands back....... :-$

Dibs
Chick
Chick

Post by Dibs » 13 Jun 2013, 20:48

If you live close to a farm, take a container and ask if they have some that you can buy, that's how I get mine, he charges me the same as Wickes do for Creocote :-)
I am currently owned by three French Bulldogs, numerous Frizzle Orpington Bantams, along with Charlie & Vera the Muscovy ducks!

WelshOneEmma
Chick
Chick

Post by WelshOneEmma » 15 Jun 2013, 22:11

Got some Ficam-W from eBay. Next sunny day (hopefully tomorrow) coop and hutch are going to get it!

Clarissa

Post by Clarissa » 20 Jun 2013, 12:01

20th June...still no signs of Red mite !!!!! tentatively hopeful. [-o<