Fox

An area for discussion of problems with pests and predators. WARNING: People are discussing problems with predators, that includes things such as fox and bird of prey attack. Such posts may not be nice viewing, but are acceptable.

Moderator: Moderators

M8WHR1

Fox

Post by M8WHR1 » 05 Apr 2013, 20:54

Fox got my drake :( :crybaby:

Started leaving out feed so my friend can come down and get him removed. :angryfire:

Iv had duck eggs in the fridge, can they till be incubated.

ladyplumber

Re: Fox

Post by ladyplumber » 05 Apr 2013, 21:06

Sorry to read this :(

I've heard of a few occasions where eggs from the fridge have developed and hatched ok ................... why not give it a try anyway. I'd bring them up to room temperature first though :thumbright:
1 BlackRock 2 Speckledys 1 Black Brahma 3 Light Sussex 1 Auracana 1 (noisy) Silver Laced Wyandotte 4 Marans x Cream Legbar
4 Barnvelder x Cream Legbar 1 Blue Splash Orpington 2 Chocolate Orpington 5 Gold Laced Orpington

chuck1

Post by chuck1 » 05 Apr 2013, 21:08

Sorry for the loss.

The eggs in the fridge are worth a try as they would probably get colder outside the fridge at the moment.

M8WHR1

Post by M8WHR1 » 05 Apr 2013, 22:19

Thank you. It's such a shame as he was a nice looking drake. I suppose that's the risks with having them free range.

Anyone run fully free range? Shut in at night? I suppose this is a bad time of year too.