Question

A section to specifically discuss poultry genetics.

Moderator: Moderators

Question

Postby Wessam.agric » 25 Apr 2013, 22:32

Hello everybody I need idea for type chicken without feather in Neck production to resistencia area hot I need any thank for help my it is type be high egg production .
Wessam.agric

Liked in: 1 post

Re: Question

Postby drfish » 26 Apr 2013, 12:22

Generally speaking, bantams are better than large fowl at coping with heat (less surface area, not as much weight to move about). Heavily feathered birds will struggle to keep cool.

Something like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_Neck

You can get those large fowl and bantam as far as I know, and I know they are better at dealing with high heat than most chickens.
Giving power to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to a teenage boy - P. J. O'Rourke (thanks Jessie)

It's amazing that people can believe everything is predestined but they still look both ways when crossing the road - Stephen Hawking

1 Wife, 3 children, 1 Staffie Bitch (RIP Marley), 1 Chi-Chi, 1 Tuxedo Cat, 1 part Maine Coon cat, male bearded dragon, Horsefield Tortoise, 2 White Silkies, 1 Frizzle Pekin, 1 CLB, 1 Appenzeller Spitzhauben Cockerel, 1 blue laced Wyandotte, 3 Appenzeller x Wynadotte pullets, 1 Call drake, 3 khaki Campbell ducks, 4 (2 male 2 female?) Aylesbury x Campbells, a breeding colony of Dubia cockroaches.

And a lot of Ibuprofen.
drfish

Liked in: 704 posts
Location: Head in the clouds, on a high bit in Nottinghamshire

Return to Genetics