Clever Coop Company/Plastic houses

Moderator: Moderators

Clever Coop Company/Plastic houses

Postby nutterly_uts » 29 Aug 2015, 19:07

Hi everyone

I currently have an eglu with a few chooks in,but am wanting to increase numbers.
I love my eglu and have no complaints, and the Eglu Cube I "housesat" for was fab BUT before I stick to Omlet, I wanted to explore my options.
I've looked at Solway and Green Frog but I can't seem to find anything about the clever coop company beyond their website.

Does anyone have one from them? Are there any other large plastic coops I can look at?

Would like to have around 8-12 girls, but I'm not adverse to buying 2 houses as I'll be hatching my own replacements from time to time.
nutterly_uts

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Clever Coop Company/Plastic houses

Postby Moriarty » 30 Aug 2015, 08:18

Looks interesting, I'd never heard of them before so can't comment. Certainly the plastic panels look quite substantial. I have a GreenFrog which took quite a lot of time to assemble although all joints have metal snap clips and it is quite solid (and very heavy). Red Mite have only made an occasional appearance when I've been 'chickensitting' some friends' chooks, and the mite have been very visible and easy to eradicate; however GreenFrog are certainly more expensive. This looks like a much more affordable alternative...
my chooks: Sage&Onion, Roger the randy cockerel, Squawkbox, Bonnie 'N' Clyde, Pancakes, Custard, Omelette & EggNog. Plus four garden cats and another half dozen feral ones that I feed. And a nursery of pipistrelle bats in the verandah roof ..
Moriarty

Liked in: 212 posts

Postby nutterly_uts » 30 Aug 2015, 11:04

Thanks for the reply

I'm a bit concerned I can't find anything about them anywhere bar their web-page but they do look good. I'm not sure if I want to "risk it" based on the lack of comments, even though they do look good?! But then again, there doesn't look like much that might be wrong with it?!
nutterly_uts

Postby nutterly_uts » 30 Aug 2015, 11:07

I've finally found this - off to explore this lead
http://www.snaplockchickencoops.com/
nutterly_uts

Postby Diane » 30 Aug 2015, 13:05

They have a Facebook page which looks informative. On FB - they're called - The Clever Coop Company UK
Diane
Hen
Hen

Liked in: 74 posts

Return to Feeding and Housing