Pond Liner?

Moderator: Moderators

stevendinnage@yahoo.co.uk
Chick
Chick

Pond Liner?

Post by stevendinnage@yahoo.co.uk » 09 Jan 2014, 19:05

Can i use pond liner to waterproof my coops cause i think it would get to hot in the sun?
i have 3 ex battry hens, 2 L. Sussex ,2 Bluebelle, 1 Speckled, 2 rhode rock and 2 white leghorns, 1 gray Orpingtons. And 2 cockrel a rhode rock and a light sussex cross Rhode rock
my diffrent pet are my golden retriever, two cats, one guinea pig and a lot of fish and my horse

Henwife
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Re: Pond Liner?

Post by Henwife » 10 Jan 2014, 08:45

I have taken to using the stuff Screwfix sell to go under roof tiles. It's lightweight, easy to work with and can be stapled into place. It needs replacing every two or three years (which is why I know I don't get red mite under it). Pond liner is heavy, expensive, and will almost certainly not respond well to sunlight. That's the reason I have to replace the stuff I use, but it's a cheap and easy job.
Guinea fowl & a lot of surplus poultry equipment.

drfish
Location: Head in the clouds, on a high bit in Nottinghamshire

Post by drfish » 10 Jan 2014, 10:43

Clear corrugated sheeting is about the best permanent solution. Red mite won't live under it because it's too light, and it's waterproof if done correctly. It does get brittle over time, but it's cheap and cheerful and easy to replace.
Giving power to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to a teenage boy - P. J. O'Rourke (thanks Jessie)

It's amazing that people can believe everything is predestined but they still look both ways when crossing the road - Stephen Hawking

1 Wife, 3 children, 1 Staffie Bitch (RIP Marley), 1 Chi-Chi, 1 Tuxedo Cat, 1 part Maine Coon cat, male bearded dragon, Horsefield Tortoise, 2 White Silkies, 1 Frizzle Pekin, 1 CLB, 1 Appenzeller Spitzhauben Cockerel, 1 blue laced Wyandotte, 3 Appenzeller x Wynadotte pullets, 1 Call drake, 3 khaki Campbell ducks, 4 (2 male 2 female?) Aylesbury x Campbells, a breeding colony of Dubia cockroaches.

And a lot of Ibuprofen.

woof811
Chick
Chick

Post by woof811 » 10 Jan 2014, 21:40

henwife have you got a link for the lightweight stuff ? :)
2 hybrids , sussex star and blue ranger , 1 silkie and 1 cream legbar cockeral named foggy ( after foghorn leghorn ) and 10 cream legbar x pullets
all now living the high life on our allotment :)

Henwife
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by Henwife » 10 Jan 2014, 22:28

Guinea fowl & a lot of surplus poultry equipment.

stevendinnage@yahoo.co.uk
Chick
Chick

Post by stevendinnage@yahoo.co.uk » 11 Jan 2014, 19:38

Cheers
i have 3 ex battry hens, 2 L. Sussex ,2 Bluebelle, 1 Speckled, 2 rhode rock and 2 white leghorns, 1 gray Orpingtons. And 2 cockrel a rhode rock and a light sussex cross Rhode rock
my diffrent pet are my golden retriever, two cats, one guinea pig and a lot of fish and my horse

Gadgee

Post by Gadgee » 26 Jan 2014, 20:44

Theres some good deals to be had through e-bay for 6mm polycarbonate sheets