Our Hen Houses/ Coops

Moderator: Moderators

Stevieblue
Chick
Chick

Re: Our Hen Houses/ Coops

Post by Stevieblue » 17 Nov 2011, 16:48

Well normally, when you post something it goes to the top of page one, not the bottom of page 27.
1 x Blue Orpington, 1 x Buff Orpington, 1 x Light Sussex, 1 x Cream Legbar, 1 x Bluebell, 1 x Maran Cuivree, 1 x Brown Nick. 1 x White Star, 1 x Speckledy, 1 x Welsummer, 1 x Copper Black Maran and 1 x Speckled Sussex. And I was only ever gonna get two or three. How on earth did I end up with twelve?. Ah well.

Stevieblue
Chick
Chick

Post by Stevieblue » 17 Nov 2011, 16:50

I've skipped a few photos but here's the finished article.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x Blue Orpington, 1 x Buff Orpington, 1 x Light Sussex, 1 x Cream Legbar, 1 x Bluebell, 1 x Maran Cuivree, 1 x Brown Nick. 1 x White Star, 1 x Speckledy, 1 x Welsummer, 1 x Copper Black Maran and 1 x Speckled Sussex. And I was only ever gonna get two or three. How on earth did I end up with twelve?. Ah well.

crazypianolady
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by crazypianolady » 17 Nov 2011, 17:06

Stevieblue wrote:Well normally, when you post something it goes to the top of page one, not the bottom of page 27.
Nah, we like chronological order on here! :)

Lovely photos! :)

laffinfowl
Hen
Hen

Post by laffinfowl » 17 Nov 2011, 18:35

Very smart indeed =D> ,good luck with your birds,do you know what breed you fancy yet ?

kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by kated » 17 Nov 2011, 19:50

Love the house and run - very smart indeed, the grass will last approx one afternoon! :lol:

Stevieblue
Chick
Chick

Post by Stevieblue » 18 Nov 2011, 07:26

As I said in the previous post (the one with pictures of it being built) it has now been occupied for nearly a year. I started with 5 birds but lost two in September so only three in there at the moment. I intend to get three or four more within the next month or two
It is now fully fitted out with solar lighting and at the moment I am building an extention coming off the side.
I'll post another photo when its all finished.
Oh and you were right about the grass. It lasted a day and a half...lol

stu4668

Post by stu4668 » 29 Nov 2011, 22:35

my hen run and house
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NCOTB
Pullet
Pullet

Post by NCOTB » 14 Dec 2011, 05:28

Not showing this to my chooks - theyd leave home :grin: :grin: nice set up!!

tabsjelu

Post by tabsjelu » 14 Dec 2011, 21:40

Haha @ NCOTB mine also!

Stu really nice! what do the solar panels do? And do you find the CD's work?

stu4668

Post by stu4668 » 03 Jan 2012, 01:20

the solar panels power 2 x led fittings within the run however I do have a 12VDC supply around my garden powering other LED lights. the hens dont usually go in when it gets dark as the garden is quite well illuminated with blue and green LED MR16 lights

Chickenshed

Our Hen Houses/ Coops

Post by Chickenshed » 14 Mar 2012, 09:51

Here Is my new coop and run, I hope they have loaded up ok...

stu4668

Post by stu4668 » 14 Mar 2012, 12:41

that is a large chicken house, how many are you intend to keep? very neat and tidy though :grin:

Chickenshed

Our Hen Houses/ Coops

Post by Chickenshed » 14 Mar 2012, 18:31

I only have 7! I wanted them to have lots of space as their last home was quite small. Making them a small house inside this week to both lay thir eggs and give them somewhere cozy on the colder nights.

Captain Carrot
Pullet
Pullet

Post by Captain Carrot » 15 Mar 2012, 08:35

Nice set-up. Don't worry about them having somewhere cozy to sleep. as long as it's dry and draft-free in there they'll be fine.

Is that hay that you are using as litter in the house or straw. Straw is better than hay, which get mouldy when wet which can be bad for the chickens. I use straw as I get it for free, but I've read that red mite love hiding in it.
Altsteirer, Bielefelders, Welsummer bantams, Silkies and Muscovy ducks (sold a load of them :) )

Chickenshed

Our Hen Houses/ Coops

Post by Chickenshed » 15 Mar 2012, 09:41

Hello captain carott!
No, it's chop straw. I have regular straw too but this stuff seems much better. I am thinking of changing to easichick because it doesn't fly around so much apparently??? My garden looks like a field that has just been ploughed most of the time where it fly'a out/gets on my feet and of course the girls are not happy unless they are kicking it everywhere!