France

An area for those members in France to discuss things that are specific to France. Normal discussion should be in the main forum areas.

Moderator: Moderators

France

Postby Rhodeisland » 21 Mar 2013, 21:33

Hi all new to the forum Ive recently moved to france and have been told theres a expats in france bit on here as trying to find poultry clubs and breeds. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Rhode island
Rhodeisland

Liked in: 1 post

Re: France

Postby drfish » 21 Mar 2013, 21:34

Hi, and welcome.

There is indeed a 'Franglais' section, here viewforum.php?f=32
Giving power to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to a teenage boy - P. J. O'Rourke (thanks Jessie)

It's amazing that people can believe everything is predestined but they still look both ways when crossing the road - Stephen Hawking

1 Wife, 3 children, 1 Staffie Bitch (RIP Marley), 1 Chi-Chi, 1 Tuxedo Cat, 1 part Maine Coon cat, male bearded dragon, Horsefield Tortoise, 2 White Silkies, 1 Frizzle Pekin, 1 CLB, 1 Appenzeller Spitzhauben Cockerel, 1 blue laced Wyandotte, 3 Appenzeller x Wynadotte pullets, 1 Call drake, 3 khaki Campbell ducks, 4 (2 male 2 female?) Aylesbury x Campbells, a breeding colony of Dubia cockroaches.

And a lot of Ibuprofen.
drfish

Liked in: 704 posts
Location: Head in the clouds, on a high bit in Nottinghamshire

Postby ladyplumber » 21 Mar 2013, 22:22

Hi :wave: Welcome to the forum !
1 BlackRock 2 Speckledys 1 Black Brahma 3 Light Sussex 1 Auracana 1 (noisy) Silver Laced Wyandotte 4 Marans x Cream Legbar
4 Barnvelder x Cream Legbar 1 Blue Splash Orpington 2 Chocolate Orpington 5 Gold Laced Orpington
ladyplumber

Liked in: 212 posts

Postby Moriarty » 22 Mar 2013, 10:02

YooHoo Rhode Island ! :hello1: We're here, plenty of us! Whereabouts are you in France?
my chooks: Sage&Onion, Roger the randy cockerel, Squawkbox, Bonnie 'N' Clyde, Pancakes, Custard, Omelette & EggNog. Plus four garden cats and another half dozen feral ones that I feed. And a nursery of pipistrelle bats in the verandah roof ..
Moriarty

Postby NannyP » 22 Mar 2013, 13:03

Hello, bienvenue and I've moved your post to Franglais.
NannyP

Liked in: 246 posts

Postby Rhodeisland » 22 Mar 2013, 14:03

In the lot et garrone. Do u now of any clubs or organizations?
Rhodeisland

Postby Moriarty » 22 Mar 2013, 14:28

Hi Rhode Island, I'm Lot-et-Garonne as well ... whereabouts are you? Not sure of any poultry clubs but I know a few places where you can buy chickens, depends what you're after.
my chooks: Sage&Onion, Roger the randy cockerel, Squawkbox, Bonnie 'N' Clyde, Pancakes, Custard, Omelette & EggNog. Plus four garden cats and another half dozen feral ones that I feed. And a nursery of pipistrelle bats in the verandah roof ..
Moriarty

Postby Rhodeisland » 22 Mar 2013, 14:37

In between tonneins and marmande. Where abouts are u? I'm looking for Rhode Island reds really or gold laced orpingtons.
Rhodeisland

Postby Moriarty » 22 Mar 2013, 23:25

I'm at Monclar, about fifteen miles away. I can ask around about Rhode Island Reds ... not sure about Orpies but will ask
Moriarty

Postby Penquin » 08 Apr 2013, 11:45

A Hi there ! from us too - we also are in the Lot et Garonne, near Villereal and not far from the Dordogne border......

any information would be welcomed - we joined on the 1st April with a question but have had no response at all...... :(

Dave
Penquin

Postby Lindsay » 09 Apr 2013, 08:47

Penquin wrote:any information would be welcomed - we joined on the 1st April with a question but have had no response at all...... :(
Dave

Ladyplumber welcomed you.

You asked if anyone could tell you where to get some Black Rocks or Lavender Araucanas. If nobody knows, they can't help. And asking for what I suspect are unusual breeds in a small area in France, and on an English speaking forum, was never going to have much chance of success.

I breed Araucanas, but I have never seen a Lavender one in France. And if I did have one, would you travel several hundred miles to collect?

likes this post.
Lindsay
Hen
Hen

Liked in: 85 posts

Postby mojo » 14 Apr 2013, 18:05

calling all newbies who want pure breeds..............go into local marie in nearest town and ask for address and contact for aviculture club(dont be put of if the badge has pidgeons or rabbits they each have their section)nearly every town has one or the the next town will.........contact them (someone will help you source the birds you want..........good luck
Give a smile away every day to a stranger............and a hug to a friend
mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Liked in: 25 posts

Return to Franglais