Chicken care products in France.

An area for those members in France to discuss things that are specific to France. Normal discussion should be in the main forum areas.

Moderator: Moderators

Chicken care products in France.

Postby Moriarty » 20 Jul 2011, 19:12

Hi there, I've had trouble finding stuff over here apart from food and mite powder. Can anybody tell me the names of products that I might be able to buy - is there an equivalent to Flubenvet and Baytril that I keep hearing about? And other worming or health solutions. If so, which shops do you get them from, or if you get them from a vet please let me know and I know what to ask for.

My home remedy is currently porridge, cod liver oil, apple cider vinegar ... I have some VermX from the UK but nothing more, so appreciate all advice on stuff I could buy here.

Big thanks everyone.
my chooks: Sage&Onion, Roger the randy cockerel, Squawkbox, Bonnie 'N' Clyde, Pancakes, Custard, Omelette & EggNog. Plus four garden cats and another half dozen feral ones that I feed. And a nursery of pipistrelle bats in the verandah roof ..
Moriarty

Liked in: 212 posts

Re: Chicken care products in France.

Postby lizshereen » 20 Jul 2011, 20:17

let you know tomorrow as 11pm got all the answers from the vets will go and write them down after 8 yrs found the french medical names for all known ailments
xx
lizshereen

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Moriarty » 21 Jul 2011, 12:09

thanks, will look forward to that.
my chooks: Sage&Onion, Roger the randy cockerel, Squawkbox, Bonnie 'N' Clyde, Pancakes, Custard, Omelette & EggNog. Plus four garden cats and another half dozen feral ones that I feed. And a nursery of pipistrelle bats in the verandah roof ..
Moriarty

Postby lizshereen » 21 Jul 2011, 16:22

Ok,
RONAXAN PS 5%........... DOXYCYCLINE this is from the vets for mild resp infections or cuts wounds etc. Costs approx 6 euros per tub dissolved in water. Bought over the counter.

TYLAN SOLUBLE 100%..............same as UK or can be bought as TYLOSINE .
You get a large plastic bottle and is Yellow powder dissolved in warm water this lasts for ever as you only use tiny bit I think bottle does about 2000 hens. it costs about 37 euros per bottle

BAYTRIL......... TENOTRYL 10% small bottle about 100ml but you only use 0.2ml per kilo of hen. Costs about 45 euros a bottle but lasts ages.

MARBOYCL 10MG OR INJECTION...................Used for all sorts of infections 19 euros for a strip of ten average hen requires 1/2 tablet.

Anti - Parasitic powder called Rhodeo also bought over the counter at vet about 12 euros,
I do have the name of an anti worm but have lost the bottle will find today and post again.
For treatment of red mite and disinfection, from gammavert Cresyl 1 litre tin its like creocote and costs 6 euros.
hope this helps.
lizshereen

Postby Moriarty » 21 Jul 2011, 18:30

You're a star! big thanks, that is really helpful information. I shall go to our vets with this list and purchase some.

I appreciate you taking the time to do this ... :grin: :grin:
Moriarty

Postby mojo » 22 Jul 2011, 09:12

very usefull info
Give a smile away every day to a stranger............and a hug to a friend
mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Liked in: 25 posts

Postby lizshereen » 24 Jul 2011, 09:16

Capizol is the name of the anti worming treatment also bought over the counter at the vets under 10 euros you use 15ml in 5 litres
lizshereen

Postby NannyP » 24 Jul 2011, 15:05

Thanks for taking the time Liz. I've made this a sticky.
NannyP

Liked in: 246 posts

Postby french fowl » 18 Aug 2011, 06:31

Hi in my area 86 i just go to the vets (without the birds) and ask for the various products for the specific ailments seems to have served me well so far.the farmers merchants are good to

last but not least joint the local aviculture society.

good luck
french fowl

Postby Lindsay » 18 Aug 2011, 10:32

The thing with Capizol is that there is a one month egg withdrawal :(
Lindsay
Hen
Hen

Liked in: 85 posts

Postby sarros » 13 Jul 2012, 11:29

The French poultry forums recommend Polyvermyl, which is a tablet form. I got some a couple of months ago and its very cheap and easy to use. Just one tablet for 3kgs for weight. I'm using it for few treatments now as have used Flubenvet for years and need to switch to prevent resistance. A bottle of 50 tablets cost me just 12€, and I use it every 3 months. Egg withdrawal is unclear so I withold them for a month to be safe. I got it over the counter from my local pharmacy, they ordered it in overnight for me. Ditto Baytril and Tylan 200 :)

Sadly sulfur candles I've not found over here so I just buy from the UK as usual.
sarros

Return to Franglais