Anyone want a naked-neck cockerel?

An area for those members in France to discuss things that are specific to France. Normal discussion should be in the main forum areas.

Moderator: Moderators

Moriarty

Anyone want a naked-neck cockerel?

Post by Moriarty » 20 Oct 2010, 09:44

Friends found a naked-neck wandering about in their garden and we took it in ... turns out that Chicken ChowMein is a cockerel! Anyway, Mr. Moriarty and I are going to be away for a few months from January and normally take our hens over to a friend to look after and put her in her coop - trouble is, she can't take a cockerel (she has a couple and it would be fights big-time if another came in). So, between now and January, I'm looking for someone to take Chicken ChowMein. I don't mind if he's for the cooking pot or whatever, I just want to think that he had a good life with me and perhaps a good life with his new owner (before, presumably, being put in the pot) ... or even that he might be kept as a pet.
I'm in dept. 47, Lot-et-Garonne, but willing to travel a little way to deliver ChowMein.
I'm really too soft - Mr. Moriarty is all for wringing his neck and putting him in the pot but I couldn't eat one of my own.
So if anyone would like a naked-neck cockerel, about 6 months old I guess, handsome looking ... please contact me.
Thanks.
my chooks: Sage&Onion, Roger the randy cockerel, Squawkbox, Bonnie 'N' Clyde, Pancakes, Custard, Omelette & EggNog. Plus four garden cats and another half dozen feral ones that I feed. And a nursery of pipistrelle bats in the verandah roof ..

mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Re: Anyone want a naked-neck cockerel?

Post by mojo » 21 Oct 2010, 20:04

be a proper poultry keeper ...........EAT him
Give a smile away every day to a stranger............and a hug to a friend

lizshereen

Re: Anyone want a naked-neck cockerel?

Post by lizshereen » 22 Oct 2010, 08:53

aaawwww he probably escaped from that give him a chance I would have him but have 3 already !