Blue Cochin eggs wanted for nest year

An area for those members in France to discuss things that are specific to France. Normal discussion should be in the main forum areas.

Moderator: Moderators

brahmarama

Blue Cochin eggs wanted for nest year

Post by brahmarama » 30 Sep 2010, 16:51

Hello everyone, I am new to this board, I live in Dept 87 and have been breeding chickens, ducks and geese for many years. At present I only keep a small flock of Gold Brahmas but I am looking for a trio/pair of both Partridge and Blue Cochins (or eggs to incubate next year), sadly I lost my beautiful blue breeding trio to a stray dog during the summer, if anyone can put me in touch of a good reliable breeder in France or maybe even knows someone who would be willing to post eggs to France I would be most grateful, I have tried everywhere to buy some new birds but alas so far to no avail.

I know now is not the right time of year but I am hoping that by searching now I can locate a source by the time spring arrives.

Wilt
Pullet
Pullet

Re: Blue Cochin eggs wanted for nest year

Post by Wilt » 30 Sep 2010, 18:04

Hi, I've posted hatching eggs to France on a number of occasions, and though not cheap, it appears to have been quite successfull so far. I keep every standard colour of cochin, and a few non standard one's too, the best of which are probably mottled for type.

Chickens, are also food for the soul!

http://www.coachhousecochins.com

Lindsay
Hen
Hen

Post by Lindsay » 30 Sep 2010, 19:04

Have you tried the Brahma Cochin - Club de France?

http://www.brahma-cochin.fr/

mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by mojo » 01 Oct 2010, 09:12

wilt supplied me with eggs which arrived safely and gave a 80% hatch rate...his stock is good also the local aviculture club may be able to help ask at the local town marie for contact details and autumn show info and remember the egg and chicks shows usually start around easter
Give a smile away every day to a stranger............and a hug to a friend

brahmarama

Post by brahmarama » 03 Oct 2010, 12:08

Sorry for my slow reply, our internet was down. Thanks for the info everyone, Wilt I will I will send you PM you during the week if that's ok I am busy day today getting all the kids off to Lycee (College).

Wilt
Pullet
Pullet

Post by Wilt » 06 Oct 2010, 12:45

Just keep in touch, I will let you know and post pictures when I put my breeding stock into trios or quartets ready for the breeding season. :wave:
Chickens, are also food for the soul!

http://www.coachhousecochins.com

brahmarama

Post by brahmarama » 06 Oct 2010, 17:11

Brilliant thanks very much. :cheers: