Marché de Volailles (Poultry for sale/wanted)

An area for those members in France to discuss things that are specific to France. Normal discussion should be in the main forum areas.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Marché de Volailles (Poultry for sale/wanted)

Postby ejc-free » 25 Mar 2012, 11:05

Hi, having failed totally to find any POL blue egg layers, have taken on some ex bats and would love to find a suitable broody so I can get some suitable hatching eggs, has anyone got a silkie / silkie cross or other traditional type bird who wold make a good broodie.......... we are in Bressuire in Deux Sevres. Doesn't have to be a pure breed broodie capabilities are what I'd like, then we can have a go at hatching some of our own.
ejc-free

Liked in: 1 post

Postby sarros » 13 Jul 2012, 10:04

Hi all,

From mid-August onwards I'll have L/F Laced Wyandottes available for sale. They are show quality birds, leg ringed, vaccinated against Newcastle's Disease and wormed. I only sell from 5 months of age upwards so no youngsters are available. I don't have loads as I don't have the time to spend with them otherwise. They are all friendly birds, I don't tolerate unpleasant cockerels. PM me for more info or see my little site.

sarros

Laced Orpington breeders look here!

Postby sarros » 09 Aug 2012, 19:56

Hi guys,

One of my LF Silver Laced Wyandotte cockerels this year has a single comb and apparently he would be ideal for anyone looking to improve their silver laced Orpingtons. His markings are stunning and very clear (no peppering). I'm only asking 15€ for him - he's about 15 weeks old (beginning August) and will be vaccinated at the end of the month against Newcastle's Disease if he is still here. PM me or call if you are interested or would like photos (he's not on my website).

Thanks,

Sarah
sarros

Postby NannyP » 22 Aug 2012, 22:54

I have several (yes I can't be more specific as one keeps confusing me as to it's gender) cockerels of interesting origins.
If anyone just wants a cockerel to take care of their flock I have at least one with Brahma genes crossed with a Marans hen.
I have 3 tall cockerels, all from a bantam mixed breed cockerel and a Marans hen. The Marans eggs we sold to me as White Marans and one of the 3 cockerels has a silver effect in his colouring. The other two are just normal farmyard cockerel colours.

They're just over 3 months and I will be penning them all together so they don't fight over the hens. If you want one, PM me. I don't want money, just a place for them to have their own flock if possible.

The one on the right is keeping me guessing.
NannyP

Liked in: 246 posts

Buff Laced Wyandotte cockerel

Postby sarros » 28 Aug 2012, 21:37

Hi chaps and chapesses,

I've a pretty handsome Buff Laced (LF) boy for sale if anyone is on the lookout. He hatched on 20/03/12, has been vaccinated against Newcastles Disease, is leg ringed and will be wormed before departure. He's not at all nasty either (I don't tolerate that, it ruins keeping poultry IMO). He has have a crocked toe on the right foot and his left foot is ever so slightly turned outwards. Price is 20€, delivery possible at your own cost, although I'm willing to travel within about 30 minutes in any direction from Secondigny:

In the 3rd photo, he's not blind, he's just blinking!!

Thanks,

sarros
sarros

Postby sarros » 10 Sep 2012, 12:06

Hi all,

I've got a pretty blue laced wyandotte pullet for sale, 25€. She hatched 13/04/12, has been leg ringed and wormed, but not vaccinated. Please let me know if you are interested as I think she'll sell very quickly. Thanks, Sarah.

http://ferme-de-la-maison-neuve.e-monsi ... 0781-1.jpg
http://ferme-de-la-maison-neuve.e-monsi ... g-0783.jpg
http://ferme-de-la-maison-neuve.e-monsi ... g-0786.jpg
sarros

Postby Gilly C » 26 Nov 2012, 10:48

Home wanted for 4 white Silkies

reluctantly I have decided to re home my 4 white Silkies, I am now allergic to eggs :( and also it will make it easier as we have plans for an extended visit to Uk and we want to use the camping car as much as possible
they are roughly 18 months old 3 are bearded, I can post pics if anyone interested and if a distance away we can meet 1/2 way within reason

Silkies can not fly so they need protection from predators, I am not looking for payment just a loving home for them !
Gilly C
Hen
Hen

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Penquin » 01 Apr 2013, 19:15

Hi there, we have just registered onto this very informative forum, we live in the Lot et Garonne and have 5 hens at present but are trying to locate some more hens with a good egg ratio as well as blue eggs, ideally something like Devon Rock or Lavender Araucana, we used to have some Cotswold Legbars but found them rather skittish and not very willing to be near people.......

If anyone has any clues to help us locate a couple of new ladies for our flock I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Dave
Penquin

Postby ladyplumber » 08 Apr 2013, 15:32

Hi Penquin and welcome to the forum :wave:

Sorry you've had no reply as yet to your question ............ hopefully by bumping :bounce: your post it'll get a reply soon from one of the " Frenchies " ! :lol:
1 BlackRock 2 Speckledys 1 Black Brahma 3 Light Sussex 1 Auracana 1 (noisy) Silver Laced Wyandotte 4 Marans x Cream Legbar
4 Barnvelder x Cream Legbar 1 Blue Splash Orpington 2 Chocolate Orpington 5 Gold Laced Orpington
ladyplumber

Liked in: 212 posts

Postby sarros » 08 Apr 2013, 19:10

Blue eggers are actually pretty hard to find over here, especially out of season i.e. this time of year. You'll certainly find some Araucanas if you wait until the shows next Autumn but be warned, they are quite pricey as they are still "new" in this country. Failing that, you may find someone who has excess Araucanas. I know of someone who sells hatching eggs and chicks (I think they're Lavendar Araucanas) but no adults. Let me know if you want their details - they're on Facebook in the Smallholders in France section (in dept. 86).
sarros

Postby johnys » 02 Oct 2014, 22:54

For sale Rhode Island Red Coq
Light SUSSEX cOQ he is a large bird
both proven fertile
10€ each
7 chickens, 2 dwarf goats, 4 Old English Sheepdogs, oh and the wife
johnys
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 0 post

Previous

Return to Franglais