Marché de Volailles (Poultry for sale/wanted)

An area for those members in France to discuss things that are specific to France. Normal discussion should be in the main forum areas.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Marché de Volailles (Poultry for sale/wanted)

Postby petal » 14 May 2009, 09:38

No Mojo, it was the result of a very crooked French man, advertising on Leboncoin. He promised they were pullets so we travelled 2 hours each way to buy them, the next day he readvertised pullets and put the price up, but i had supposedly bought them all. I cant accomadate all of them[4]
I am so upset about this that i shant buy from French ever again unless its an exhibition, i know i've been naive but i do like to have faith in people. I've been done so many times by French, i really dont care if this offends anyone. I like the French as a whole but not poultry keepers, most of them keep their birds in appalling conditions, rant over :(
petal

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Lisleoise » 14 May 2009, 10:25

That's appauling Petal. Have you contacted the vendor since? He has sold you 'pullets' which they aren't. I would contact him and see what he proposes in terms of collecting/refunding/exchanging if I were you and just see how it goes. It would be interesting to hear his response. Is he an éléveur or an amateur?
Lisleoise

Postby petal » 14 May 2009, 11:03

Hi Lisleoise, no i haven't contacted him, its pointless really, i know what he did was wrong, but he obviously doesn't have any scruples. I wouldn't send them back there anyway. I suppose the only thing i can do is keep them until they become a problem, and see if my neighbour wants to have them for the pot. I'm really attached to them, i had bought them for my Dark boy for company for him, even though they were the wrong colour. :(
petal

Postby mojo » 14 May 2009, 20:59

several things here i think..............please dont tar all french elevers with the same brush...........buying from a aviculture club(ask at the local town marie) member usually means you get satisfaction........or a forum member ......also if you are new at chicken keeping take an old hand with you if poss...........also get a receipt for what you are buying.........not 3 chickens.....but.....3 x 6 week old brahma females...........dont be put off from a wonderfull hobby..............good luck for the future
Give a smile away every day to a stranger............and a hug to a friend
mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Liked in: 25 posts

Postby petal » 15 May 2009, 06:24

Mojo, did you misread my post, i haven't tarred all French poultry keepers with the same brush, i would buy again from shows. I also went through a list of breeders that were within a 2 hour travelling distance of us, but nobody was willing to sell pullets without cockerals,so i went through Leboncoin.We've all made mistakes,but sadly i've learnt not to trust anyone.
petal

Postby Franglais » 15 May 2009, 08:40

Goodness, I feel really nervous now after reading petals post, I am going on the hunt tommorow for only 4 hens and I am worried now about coming back with cockerals...

Hope they are nice to me at the market.....wish me luck.
Franglais

Postby petal » 15 May 2009, 15:28

Franglais, you should be ok if you are going for Warrens, good luck. I hope i haven't put anyone off, it's not my intention[and it doesn't happen just in France].I am upset and was having a rant, although speaking the truth.Have fun
petal

Postby Juju » 17 May 2009, 09:10

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience, Petal. The poultry sellers on the markets round here all seem reputable. I've never used Le bon coin - is there a rating system like e-bay?
Juju

Postby Lisleoise » 17 May 2009, 11:19

Re www.leboncoin.fr , no there isn't a rating system. It's not a bidding site like eBay but more of an electronic newsagent's notice board to pin your small ads to.
Lisleoise

2 Buff orpington Hens for SWAP.

Postby bacardi1970 » 25 Oct 2009, 20:18

2 Buff orpington Hens for SWAP.They are 5 months old and are the LARGE FOWL type not bantams.I would like Orpingtons of some sort but must be purebred and not older than 8 months.I am 5kms from Bonnat,Creuse(23).Willing to meet halfway.Willing to travel for the right birds.Swapper must have photos of their birds.If you would like anymore photos please let me know.Many thanks. Michelle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bacardi1970

Postby NannyP » 31 Oct 2009, 19:05

Gold Brahma Coq...age 9 weeks, seeking peaceful existence preferably with unrelated hens

Marans (copper/blue/white) coq aged 9 weeks, also seeks females of a certain persuasion.

Location 86 (Vienne) nr St Savin.

10 euros each.
NannyP

Liked in: 246 posts

Postby kated » 31 Oct 2009, 19:28

Can't see the pics here either NannyP
kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Liked in: 81 posts

Postby NannyP » 31 Oct 2009, 19:33

Sorted I think. Thanks Kate :grin:
NannyP

Postby mojo » 31 Oct 2009, 20:08

eat the top one breed from the bottom one
Give a smile away every day to a stranger............and a hug to a friend
mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Liked in: 25 posts

Postby NannyP » 31 Oct 2009, 20:49

Not for eating and I am no longer breeding :grin:
NannyP

PreviousNext

Return to Franglais