Cat cafe - odd or cute idea?

A section for all other animals kept as pets.

Moderator: Moderators

Cat cafe - odd or cute idea?

Postby brooksidepoultry » 01 Mar 2014, 09:46

So Lady Dinah's cat emporium has opened up it's doors today - Now I'm a cat lover but I'm not sure I'd be tempted to visit or not, not sure if it's odd or cute - you decide x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiUQq04nhwA

http://ladydinahs.com/
A country lass who loves it all x.
brooksidepoultry
Pullet
Pullet

Liked in: 33 posts

Re: Cat cafe - odd or cute idea?

Postby laffinfowl » 01 Mar 2014, 12:09

She's Barking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crazypianolady likes this post.
laffinfowl
Hen
Hen

Liked in: 197 posts

Postby crazypianolady » 01 Mar 2014, 12:58

Yuk! I wouldn't eat anywhere with cats around. And yuk again!!
crazypianolady
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Liked in: 142 posts

Postby jillychick » 01 Mar 2014, 13:14

Is it allowed? Food hygiene and all the red tape? I don't think so
1 very lovely Golden Retriever 2 Dutch Rabbits ( belonging to my grandson ) no snobs in my bunch of hens 2 Ambers. 1Black Tail 2 Copper marans. 4 White Leghorns 1 Gold Top constantly broody! Nugget the cockerel and his sister petal
Oh and a very lovely husband who puts up with my pets because he loves me very much.
jillychick
Pullet
Pullet

Liked in: 193 posts

Postby brooksidepoultry » 01 Mar 2014, 16:40

Well that's what I was wondering but it's clearly been approved & there was a documentary about it a few months back. Don't get me wrong I'll eat meals with pets around but as long as their not on the table or near the food.
brooksidepoultry
Pullet
Pullet

Postby jillychick » 01 Mar 2014, 17:07

I'm wondering if the idea is to take a cat out to eat? Who on earth would want to eat with cats sat on the table? As dogs are banned in most pubs now which is a shame as I would be I my local every lunch time :grin: how come cats are allowed? :(
1 very lovely Golden Retriever 2 Dutch Rabbits ( belonging to my grandson ) no snobs in my bunch of hens 2 Ambers. 1Black Tail 2 Copper marans. 4 White Leghorns 1 Gold Top constantly broody! Nugget the cockerel and his sister petal
Oh and a very lovely husband who puts up with my pets because he loves me very much.
jillychick
Pullet
Pullet

Postby brooksidepoultry » 03 Mar 2014, 00:16

A lot of my locals allow dogs - 1 only into the bar area for obvious reasons. But my dog often comes to the pub with me - not generally if I'm going for food, maybe a bar meal perhaps after a days walking or farming but not if I'm properly dining out. He'll quietly sit in the corner & behave until it's time to go, also if I know we're going shopping & there's cafes with outdoor seating on a good day he'll sit by the table with us.

But he's not a lapdog or allowed to beg for food - cats on your lap when eating is a big no no in my books & if ours are found on the table or a food counter they know their in BIG trouble :lol:
brooksidepoultry
Pullet
Pullet

Postby jillychick » 03 Mar 2014, 07:57

Sadly all the pubs in our area are eating places, I would like nothing more than a nice walk and a quick drop in and chat with my lovely golden retriever. she is extremely well behaved and has good manners, unlike a lot of children or cats!

Ban the kids and cats bringing back the dogs :thumbright:
jillychick
Pullet
Pullet

Postby drfish » 03 Mar 2014, 10:51

When we ran pubs, my two Staffies were always mingling with the punters. My boy Marley liked nothing better than to sit with one of the locals, an old fella called Judd, who insisted on cleaning his eyes and ears everyday :mrgreen:

Sad really that a lot of pubs aren't allowed to have them in any more. Boozers just don't seem right without a live dog, or an old fella sat in the corner with his collie :lol:
Giving power to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to a teenage boy - P. J. O'Rourke (thanks Jessie)

It's amazing that people can believe everything is predestined but they still look both ways when crossing the road - Stephen Hawking

1 Wife, 3 children, 1 Staffie Bitch (RIP Marley), 1 Chi-Chi, 1 Tuxedo Cat, 1 part Maine Coon cat, male bearded dragon, Horsefield Tortoise, 2 White Silkies, 1 Frizzle Pekin, 1 CLB, 1 Appenzeller Spitzhauben Cockerel, 1 blue laced Wyandotte, 3 Appenzeller x Wynadotte pullets, 1 Call drake, 3 khaki Campbell ducks, 4 (2 male 2 female?) Aylesbury x Campbells, a breeding colony of Dubia cockroaches.

And a lot of Ibuprofen.
drfish

Liked in: 704 posts
Location: Head in the clouds, on a high bit in Nottinghamshire

Postby jillychick » 03 Mar 2014, 12:03

It's no wonder that a lot of them close down. Bring back the olden days. No youngsters under 18 men taking the dog for a walk down the pub Sunday lunch time. Those were happy days :sunny:
jillychick
Pullet
Pullet

Postby drfish » 03 Mar 2014, 12:37

I still maintain the smoking ban was the largest part to the pubs shutting. It's what killed us off and led to bankruptcy. Takings immediately went down 30-35% in summer (think it was March when it came in). Around 70-80% down in winter. The old fellas didn't want to be stood outside in the freezing cold to have a ciggie (although we just let them use the back room most of the time, as it wasn't linked to the pub ;) ). By the end of the second winter, we couldn't even afford to open because it cost too much to heat and light the pub, for 2 or maybe 3 people a day to come in.

But the two years after the smoking ban, we made nothing but a loss. All these bloody do-gooders that voted for it, didn't see them in the pubs afterwards, did we? :angryfire:

Should have stuck to the old formula of a tap room and a best room, and keep the smoking to the tap room. If you don't want to smell, stay in the best room, simple.

Coupled with the breweries who want to charge you double the standard price for a barrel of beer, and increase your rent by just pulling a figure from the air without justifying it (from £180 a week to £420 in 3 years). Little wonder our old pub is now a Tesco Express. Anyhoo, we digress...
Giving power to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to a teenage boy - P. J. O'Rourke (thanks Jessie)

It's amazing that people can believe everything is predestined but they still look both ways when crossing the road - Stephen Hawking

1 Wife, 3 children, 1 Staffie Bitch (RIP Marley), 1 Chi-Chi, 1 Tuxedo Cat, 1 part Maine Coon cat, male bearded dragon, Horsefield Tortoise, 2 White Silkies, 1 Frizzle Pekin, 1 CLB, 1 Appenzeller Spitzhauben Cockerel, 1 blue laced Wyandotte, 3 Appenzeller x Wynadotte pullets, 1 Call drake, 3 khaki Campbell ducks, 4 (2 male 2 female?) Aylesbury x Campbells, a breeding colony of Dubia cockroaches.

And a lot of Ibuprofen.

jillychick likes this post.
drfish

Postby jillychick » 03 Mar 2014, 13:41

So many lives in pieces due to stupid jobs worth people and they allow a CAT CAFE this country's gone mad :evil:

drfish likes this post.
jillychick
Pullet
Pullet

Postby drfish » 03 Mar 2014, 15:59

They allow to politicians to run the country, that's where the problem starts. Toffee nosed private school gumps who probably got beat up a lot as kids and now have an enormous grudge to bear.

Incidentally, are you aware there is a smoking room within the Houses of Parliament? Funny that...rules for one...

(As do a lot of hospitals, and this is first hand knowledge as I have seen them with my own eyes, even participated in a cigarette in one of them with a clinical director)

And a lot of Ibuprofen.

jillychick likes this post.
drfish

Return to Pets and other animals