Brinsea Mini Lock Down

Moderator: Moderators

Brinsea Mini Lock Down

Postby airyfairy » 07 Sep 2016, 09:20

Hi, does anyone use a Brinsea mini auto advance bator. This is my first time incubating eggs and ive read that you must not open the bator during lock down. The problem is my Brinsea needs topping up with water every day to reach 60% humidity as is goes down really quickly. I thought you needed more humidity than this! I have a hygrometer sensor inside to check this. What does anyone else think. I'm on day 21 today and not a sign of anything. I'm really worried now!! :cry:
Sauce (Rhode Island Red) - Pickle (Golden Silkie) - Basil (cockerel), Snowdrop and Daisy (White Silkies), plus Lucy Locket (JR Terrier), Louis Feruke (cat), Melody (American Quarter Horse) and Pye (Gypsy Cob pony)
airyfairy
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 1 post

Re: Brinsea Mini Lock Down

Postby CP » 07 Sep 2016, 14:01

I've not used that incubator but would just follow the instructions that came with it.
As long as you're quick, the water top up shouldn't cause a problem. Are you filling it to it's maximum?

On my incubator, once I filled the tank before lock-down, it was enough to last until they hatched.

Good luck! ;)
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero
CP

Liked in: 167 posts

Postby airyfairy » 07 Sep 2016, 14:12

Thank you, yes I'm filling it up to the max every day. It drops to below the divider of the two pots then the humidity is at 50%. When I fill it to the max the humidity is 60%. Is this still a bit low? Would you put some wet tissue in there to raise it a bit?
Sauce (Rhode Island Red) - Pickle (Golden Silkie) - Basil (cockerel), Snowdrop and Daisy (White Silkies), plus Lucy Locket (JR Terrier), Louis Feruke (cat), Melody (American Quarter Horse) and Pye (Gypsy Cob pony)
airyfairy
Chick
Chick

Postby CP » 07 Sep 2016, 14:49

I wouldn't put too much faith in an introduced hygrometer as it's been proved they vary considerably from make to make. As long as you've done all that Brinsea tell you to do in their instructions, I wouldn't worry too much.

Although things can go wrong sometimes, most of the feedback on this incubator is positively glowing in praise. ;)

Have a look at their Youtube videos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsYJCmr ... 283PzCFrul
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero
CP

Liked in: 167 posts

Postby airyfairy » 07 Sep 2016, 18:59

Thank you, I'll wait patiently and hope I have a few chicks in the next few days

CP likes this post.
airyfairy
Chick
Chick

Return to Eggs and Growers