These chicks are all coming up to 5 weeks old
What colour are my frizzle pekin`s going to be
morris
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 4 posts

Re: Boys or girls

Postby Moriarty » 18 Jun 2015, 06:54

oh i wish I could, I have no idea. I just wanted to say they are delightful and all look like me on a bad hair day !!
my chooks: Sage&Onion, Roger the randy cockerel, Squawkbox, Bonnie 'N' Clyde, Pancakes, Custard, Omelette & EggNog. Plus four garden cats and another half dozen feral ones that I feed. And a nursery of pipistrelle bats in the verandah roof ..
Moriarty

Liked in: 212 posts

Postby Henwife » 19 Jun 2015, 09:10

Trouble with a mixed bunch is they all develp at a different rate. However, here goes. 1. wait til it lays an egg or crows. 2&3 possibly F. 4 M. 5 M. 6 1M 1F (nearest camera). 7 possibly F. Do let us know what the outcome is.
Guinea fowl & a lot of surplus poultry equipment.

crazypianolady likes this post.
Henwife
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Liked in: 302 posts

Postby drfish » 19 Jun 2015, 11:59

Silkies, no chance until their at least 12-15 weeks. One of the hardest birds to sex. Although, around this age, I have a 100% record of ID with the ones I had.
Giving power to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to a teenage boy - P. J. O'Rourke (thanks Jessie)

It's amazing that people can believe everything is predestined but they still look both ways when crossing the road - Stephen Hawking

1 Wife, 3 children, 1 Staffie Bitch (RIP Marley), 1 Chi-Chi, 1 Tuxedo Cat, 1 part Maine Coon cat, male bearded dragon, Horsefield Tortoise, 2 White Silkies, 1 Frizzle Pekin, 1 CLB, 1 Appenzeller Spitzhauben Cockerel, 1 blue laced Wyandotte, 3 Appenzeller x Wynadotte pullets, 1 Call drake, 3 khaki Campbell ducks, 4 (2 male 2 female?) Aylesbury x Campbells, a breeding colony of Dubia cockroaches.

And a lot of Ibuprofen.
drfish

Liked in: 704 posts
Location: Head in the clouds, on a high bit in Nottinghamshire

Return to Eggs and Growers