Hatching egg questions

Moderator: Moderators

debra

Re: EGGS FOR SALE 2009

Post by debra » 05 Feb 2009, 13:06

Hi
Hope this isn't a really dumb question but I would like to hatch some eggs but can't keep males. Is there anyone who will take the chicks off my hands if they turn out to be cockrels?
Regards

debbie26pet

Post by debbie26pet » 06 Feb 2009, 17:14

debra wrote:Hi
Hope this isn't a really dumb question but I would like to hatch some eggs but can't keep males. Is there anyone who will take the chicks off my hands if they turn out to be cockrels?
Regards

im same as u cant do cokerals, but would like eggs that take boys back
im in blackburn lancs

mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by mojo » 08 Feb 2009, 11:08

for those who cant rear/cull coqs i suggest you buy in sexed day old chicks have the fun of raising without the hassle of culling
Give a smile away every day to a stranger............and a hug to a friend

debbie26pet

Post by debbie26pet » 08 Feb 2009, 11:36

can u advise wh are best for that reason?
and be kept in a back garden

debra

Post by debra » 08 Feb 2009, 11:52

That's a great idea Kathy. Would the other chickens try and kill it? I was going to get eggs so the chickens would accept a chick in to the brood easier. By the way how do you kill a chick? (I don't think either me or my OH could do it.)

Regards

CP

Hatching egg questions

Post by CP » 10 Feb 2009, 09:45

This thread is for hatching egg questions, to keep the 'Eggs For Sale' thread for sales only. ;) :-) (Hopefully this will make it easier to spot the ones you're after! 8) )
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero