Odd air cell

Moderator: Moderators

Hollyelliott

Odd air cell

Post by Hollyelliott » 14 May 2018, 15:42

Hi,
I'm new to the forum, and new to hatching!
I have a couple of duck eggs in the mini incubator, which were posted to me. They're now on day 15, and I've seen steady development (from everything I've read) since day 3. I have noticed that one of the egg's air cells is an odd shape, and I read that it could be because of them being posted? I will post pics of both eggs. I have the humidity fluctuate between 45-50% and the temperature steady at 37.5 degrees.
Is it likely to be caused from postage, and will this egg be OK? I'm a complete newbie, so am just trying to follow best practice from all the info I have been reading.
Thanks in advance,
Liz

Last edited by Hollyelliott on 15 May 2018, 09:16, edited 2 times in total.

CP

Re: Odd air cell

Post by CP » 14 May 2018, 17:42

Hi & welcome to the forum Hollyelliott. :)

I don't know anything about ducks unfortunately but would guess that the abnormality might be due to the postal service.
Can't see your photos to look at the difference in the air cell.

If the chick is developing the same as the others I'd leave it & see if it hatches.
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

Hollyelliott

Post by Hollyelliott » 15 May 2018, 09:18

Thanks for your reply! I have hopefully altered the post to show the pics now.

Both seem to be developing the same, and lots of movement when I candle. It's fascinating watching the development!

Thanks again,

Liz

CP

Post by CP » 15 May 2018, 09:33

Still not showing the photos unfortunately!
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

Hollyelliott

Post by Hollyelliott » 15 May 2018, 09:48

Oh no! I can see them on the post, so no idea why nobody else can see them?!

CP

Post by CP » 15 May 2018, 10:40

It says - 'please upgrade your photobucket account to enable 3rd party hosting'
Happy in Hampshire!