Hi from me and our rescues

Say hi to any newcomers, or say hi to everyone and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hi from me and our rescues

Postby mr locke » 11 May 2015, 13:15

Hi all, just found the forum, and thought I'd make introductions before I start snooping all the posts for all the advice and help I can get. Through a long standing tradition of rescuing animals who suddenly find themselves unwanted, we now find ourselves the happy owners of Pea and Ham, two 2 week old chicks. this puts us at 3 dogs, 2 chickens, and a corn snake.

While I've wanted chickens for a long time, the suddenness of these additions leaves me playing catch up. I've just built them a new house for indoor living just now, till they are old enough to live outside. Over the next few weeks I'll be busy fencing off and building a coop & run in my garden, so any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

I tried to upload some pics of the chicks all settled in and their new house, but at the moment it won't let me. When it's sorted, I'll get some up :grin:
mr locke

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Hi from me and our rescues

Postby ladyplumber » 11 May 2015, 22:11

Hi mr locke, good to have you on here and congratulations on your two new additions :)

We'll try to give you all the advice you need if we can, and if your questions haven't already been answered by previous posts bear with us, many of us have a day job and don't always manage to get on here on a daily basis :thumbright:
1 BlackRock 2 Speckledys 1 Black Brahma 3 Light Sussex 1 Auracana 1 (noisy) Silver Laced Wyandotte 4 Marans x Cream Legbar
4 Barnvelder x Cream Legbar 1 Blue Splash Orpington 2 Chocolate Orpington 5 Gold Laced Orpington
ladyplumber

Liked in: 212 posts

Postby subruss » 12 May 2015, 09:29

hello and welcome, so ask away, hope we can help :thumbright:
subruss

Liked in: 354 posts

Postby CP » 12 May 2015, 09:56

Welcome to the forum mr locke. :)
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero
CP

Liked in: 167 posts

Postby Moriarty » 13 May 2015, 08:07

Welcome on board Mr.Locke! I've got 5 two-week old chicks so guess we're going through the same thing. At the moment mine are running around chasing gnats and trying to snap at them, trying to fly (one can get on the roof of the coop) and exploring their run. Very entertaining little chickies!
my chooks: Sage&Onion, Roger the randy cockerel, Squawkbox, Bonnie 'N' Clyde, Pancakes, Custard, Omelette & EggNog. Plus four garden cats and another half dozen feral ones that I feed. And a nursery of pipistrelle bats in the verandah roof ..
Moriarty

Liked in: 212 posts

Return to Introductions and Welcomes