Ixworth

One thread for each breed. Threads are started by a moderator - add information about each breed, and contact us to add another.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Ixworth

Postby Ed Woods » 13 Jan 2013, 11:32

Will be acquiring a cockerel that grew from some hatching eggs from Hadleigh, Suffolk in a few weeks. I will have the choice from two cockerels.

What are the breed standards? As many of the pictures I have seen the Ixworths have different colour legs and different combs?
1 x Cream Legbar - called Brenda Lee
1 x White Leghorn
1 x Amber Line
3 x Speckledy
1 x Black Sussex
1 x Blue Orpingtons
1x French Copper Marans
5 x Rhode Island Reds
3 x Bluebelles
25+ ex-battery hens
4 x Bovan Goldlines
1 x Brahma (called Bertha because she is massive)
2 x Cochins (incuding Dinosaur my cockerel)
10 x Ixworths (including Genghis the cockerel)
1 x Cochin x Orpington called Omlet - currently foster mum to 4 naughty Ixworths
Ed Woods
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 41 posts

Postby chicken john » 30 Jul 2013, 20:32

Hi all
I finally took the plunge and have got ten ixworths but its turning out that i have seven cockerels and three hens.
anyway i had these on my wish list for about four years, in the hope to breed them. i done all types of meat birds, but to me the ixworth is more ethical being that you hatch them grow them then eat them or get eggs from them. what more can you ask for.
I will have some of my cockerels available, preferably a trade just to keep blood line good.
I am new to here and welcome any help from anyone who knows anyone with ixworth's
john :wave:
chicken john

Liked in: 1 post

Postby tweedy » 20 Aug 2014, 23:59

ixworth 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tweedy
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Redcap » 08 Mar 2015, 18:53

I would like to know, whether Antony Orpin and Julian Kaye are still breeding Ixworths? And is it possible to get in contact by Email (would be easier for me, as I am from Germany)?
Redcap

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Redcap » 16 Mar 2015, 13:48

Or has somebody an idea who this breeder from Cambridgeshire could be, who made this (already expired) ad, and could provide the contact details?
http://www.birdtrader.co.uk/rare-breed- ... TIqX3iP.97
Would be really great!
Redcap

Liked in: 0 post

Previous

Return to Breeds