Showgirls

One thread for each breed. Threads are started by a moderator - add information about each breed, and contact us to add another.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Showgirls

Postby millipup » 26 Oct 2011, 13:58

:grin: Thanks,Lindsay -and yes,the Poland/Silkie cross I used at the beginning was because of all the references I had seen about the topknot -and she has passed that on to all her offspring ! I do wonder now if that cross was really neccesary ,though,as I now have youngsters with equally extravagant hairdos from purely Tnn /Silkie origins , just by working with very well-feathered Silkies :thumbright: Big D my two eldest cockerals are called Barnum and Bailey ,then theres Billy (Smart.....) George (Irvin) and Zippo (the circus my son worked in ).......... got a whole pen of great showmen there !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
millipup

Liked in: 1 post

Postby millipup » 19 Nov 2011, 18:56

:grin: Sue (NCOTB )was kind enough to take two of my Showgirls up to the National for me .......and I have just had a text from her to say my boy got a 3rd !!
millipup

Postby Chris Kurzfeld » 22 Nov 2011, 07:10

:thumbright: =D> Well done - saw them and they are gorgeous :grin:
Chris

love me, love my 4 dogs, 3 cats, over 100 chickens (but don't tell OH) and 7 sheep - oops, almost forgot the 2 tanks of fish!

I live in my own little world but it's ok - they know me here!
Chris Kurzfeld
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Liked in: 28 posts

Postby NCOTB » 29 Jan 2012, 03:06

Can we have an update on your Showgirl project please Millipup :wave:
NCOTB
Pullet
Pullet

Liked in: 10 posts

Postby Chris Kurzfeld » 29 Jan 2012, 04:59

Can we have an update on your Showgirl project please Millipup

Yes please but please please don't post any piccies - my resolve just may melt!!!!!!!! :grin: Did you get the birds you wanted yesterday Millipup?
Chris

love me, love my 4 dogs, 3 cats, over 100 chickens (but don't tell OH) and 7 sheep - oops, almost forgot the 2 tanks of fish!

Chris Kurzfeld
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Postby millipup » 12 Feb 2012, 22:16

:grin: I have a mixture of brown and blue egg layers as well as my showgirls -makes for easy egg-sorting because I gave up on trying to keep the blue egg gene in my Showgirls really early on,at least four generations back from the birds I am breeding from now - so the coloured eggs are for eating ,the cream ones for hatching ,easy .......... but i have just realised one of my Showgirl pullets ,hatched last year and only just come into lay,is laying a beautiful sky-blue egg !! I have popped her into a cage overnight to check ,its definately hers - Im SO chuffed \:D/ \:D/ (the original Showgirls were blue-egg layers ) Made me a bit misty-eyed to realise that my lovely old Aracauna girl had left her legacy after all :lol: :thumbright:
millipup

Postby NCOTB » 12 Feb 2012, 23:26

:wav: thats brilliant \:D/
NCOTB
Pullet
Pullet

Liked in: 10 posts

Postby Chris Kurzfeld » 13 Feb 2012, 05:00

=D> :grin: . A blue egg laying Showgirl - Bonnie!!! What are you trying to do to me ???? :lol:
Chris

Chris Kurzfeld
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Postby millipup » 13 Feb 2012, 10:22

:lol: I think they must have a sense of humour,Chris -she has completely messed up my colour-coded egg collection system !(which your girls are contributing too ,bless them ! ) I was really shocked that that particular gene has re-surfaced after so long,cant wait now to see if any of her POL sisters have it as well, [-o< which would confirm that it has been passed down through my maybe very aptly-named cockeral ,"Blue " !!! Hes the splash boy you took up to the National for me ,Sue ,so I am already very proud of him .
millipup

Postby Ilex Kent » 24 Sep 2012, 10:07

Any update photo`s ? Millpup :grin:
Ilex Kent

Postby Chris Kurzfeld » 25 Sep 2012, 08:09

Watch this space - I am joining the Showgirl ranks this weekend hopefully :grin:
Chris

Chris Kurzfeld
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Postby Eggchick » 15 Jun 2013, 23:05

Hi, Looking to purchase one quality young bantam showgirl rooster. Must be an excellent 6th generation onwards bird, either cuckoo, black or white. Know of where one may be?
Eggchick

Postby showgirls » 21 Feb 2014, 11:54

HI WILL ANYBODY HAVE ANY SHOWGIRL EGGS FOR SALE SOON
I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM I HAVE TWO SHOWGIRLS AND WOULD LOVE TO HAVE MORE OF THESE BEAUTIFUL
BIRDS :duckie:
showgirls

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Chickencarer » 28 Mar 2014, 20:47

I'm looking for Showgirl hatching eggs too - if you find any could you let me know please :grin: or if anyone has some then please let me know.
Chickencarer

Liked in: 0 post

Previous

Return to Breeds