Croad Langshans

One thread for each breed. Threads are started by a moderator - add information about each breed, and contact us to add another.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Fenn » 11 Nov 2006, 09:22

Oohhh, do they now??? :twisted:

My sole CL bantie is currently being Mum to a TNN, but when she's in lay she produces creamy-white eggs. They're lovely, but not what she should be producing :roll:

Once we're into Spring and I've sold my growers I should have a teensy bit of space - might have to give Pimlotts a ring then... :twisted: :lol:
Fenn

Liked in: 1 post

Re: Croad Langshans

Postby Ardtrea » 01 May 2009, 12:06

I am interested in starting with this breed, i think they will fit into my set up well (silkies, Ixworths). Does anyone know of any breeders in North/South Ireland, if so i would like to purchase some hatching eggs or possibily a breeding Trio.

Thanks
Ardtrea

Postby Roger Harris » 22 May 2009, 10:04

WoW that bird is big and very nice looking
Roger Harris

Postby LauraMH » 10 Apr 2010, 21:25

Got 1 LF Black Croad Langshan chick hatched Feb, and another 11 just hatched today!
7 are from Bev's Croads, 5 are from wehateflies (ebay). 3 of Bev's were from plum blush eggs and have been rung so I know who is who.

And all going well, I have more LF Black Croads due on Friday/Saturday. Depending when Courier collects along with a pair of LF White Croad Langshans aswell.

Love them, Just filled out my Croad Langshan Club membership forms to send off on Monday. OOOO Can't wait! too Exciting as I have wanted Croads for a couple of years now.

I hope, with these hatched and the fab stock coming from Dorset, that not only will I have the startings of my Croad Langshan Breeding pens, but also some potential show birds for later this year that myself and my son can enjoy showing together.
LauraMH

Postby LauraMH » 11 Apr 2010, 22:26

My 11 Croad Langshan Chicks.

6 are from Bev, which are the darker ones and 5 from wehateflies which have a bit more yellow on them.

Lovely feathered legs lol

all 11 together

5 from wehateflies

6 from Bev's Croads

and the 3 from Bev's Croads which were from Plum Blush Eggs so have rung and cocks will be kept for breeding if good enough. (all up on legs, just slide while taking picture on a shoe box lid lol)
LauraMH

Postby maxymax2010 » 22 Apr 2011, 20:53

Hi,

I am in need of some Croad Langshan hens!! I am in Lincolnshire but will also travel to Yorkshire. Can anybody suggest where I can buy some girlies from?
Thanks
maxymax2010

Postby Clearwater Farm » 28 Apr 2013, 12:31

Hi there,

I've been trying to contact Lyn at the club and my emails - from two different accounts, are being bounced back straight away.

Can anyone confirm that the current details on the club website regarding membership costs and the address to send the application form to are correct please?

Many thanks,

Andy
Clearwater Farm

Postby Leonie » 09 Jun 2013, 09:37

Dear Croad Langshan keepers.

Since a couple of weeks our Dutch flock of chickens (1 Barnevelder, 1 layermix, 1 I-don't-know-hen and 1 possible Leghorn Berken) got company of 2 young Croad Langshan hens. They are chicks from 2012 and laying eggs. Not really wonderful in their feathers, since the place they come from had some featherpicking going on, but otherwise healthy and lively.
The 4 chickens we already owned are older, with the youngest being 2,5 years and the oldest more than 6 (don't know exactly, she's adopted).
The flock is doing well together, not mentioning the every day food-fight because of the peckingorder.

However: the eggs the Croad Langshans are laying are not always as good as they can be.
The shell is not firm and, when cooking, the eggwhite remains snotty (even after boiling for over 10 minutes).

I feed the whole flock pellets for laying and a mixture of whole grains, pellets and grit. Beside this, they start their morning with alive mealworms topped with a powder of vitamins and minerals. And every afternoon they get to scratch their things together in the garden.

The eggs of the Barnevelder and Layermix are always ok. Firm eggshells and good eggwhite. The I-don't-know-hen does not lay eggs anymore.
The eggs of the Leghorn and the Croad Langshans differ in their quality.
What can I do for them to help them lay good quality of eggs?

Thanks in advance.

Leonie,
The Netherlands
Leonie

Postby JPierre » 21 Dec 2015, 13:52

LauraMH wrote:My 11 Croad Langshan Chicks.

6 are from Bev, which are the darker ones and 5 from wehateflies which have a bit more yellow on them.

Lovely feathered legs lol

all 11 together

5 from wehateflies

6 from Bev's Croads

and the 3 from Bev's Croads which were from Plum Blush Eggs so have rung and cocks will be kept for breeding if good enough. (all up on legs, just slide while taking picture on a shoe box lid lol)

Hello,

Sorry, my english is very bad.
The Croad langshans of bev are they good quality and conform to the standard ?
Best regards
JPierre

Liked in: 0 post

Postby MrsMopp » 22 Dec 2015, 15:19

Yes, they are excellent. She has won prizes at national level for her croads. Your english is very good :grin:
MrsMopp
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 33 posts

Postby JPierre » 28 Feb 2016, 10:25

I sent a mail to bev February 12, but no answer :(
JPierre

Liked in: 0 post

Previous

Return to Breeds