German Langshan bantams

One thread for each breed. Threads are started by a moderator - add information about each breed, and contact us to add another.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: German Langshan bantams

Postby araucana » 15 Feb 2011, 01:40

I keep, the whites white by not letting them ever outside!! sad but ut is the only way and for bits of dirt I have a "product" that is brilliant :grin: - the blacks and blues run together - so I get backs and blues :roll: - hatching rate is embarassinly good for so early in the season - my blues were 2nd and 3rd at the scot nat, if you want some eggs (but you risk getting black and blue (black cockerel, 2 blue pullets and 2 black pullets) you are very welcome -if not I'll have some birds for sale later in the season as I've already hatched and have another lot on the go at the moment.. Tweedie the Kos are fabulous, I've started showing Kos now as well as cochins, favs etc etc and one of my Kos won best opp sex asian at scottish National - really like hardfeather, but they don't go a bundle on the damp which seems insesant up here..... would love to buy a couple more eggs from you. :naughty :naughty :grin: . will start showing yours this summer
Best of Breed Cochin Scottish national 2010, 2011, 2012, Best of Breed Favorelles 2012, best Opp size Brahma 2012, Best Sabelpoot and best opp sex 2012 1st with white german langshan fem. AOV large rare - Spangled Rusian Orloff, LF Male Favorelles
araucana
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 0 post

Postby julieszoo » 15 Feb 2011, 15:15

I have a few white cavies, and they are never allowed in the sun either as it makes them go yellowy, as well as rigourous cleaning etc, I do take my hat off to you for keeping those 2 so pristine they are stunning
julieszoo

Liked in: 1 post

Postby araucana » 15 Feb 2011, 15:24

julieszoo wrote:I have a few white cavies, and they are never allowed in the sun either as it makes them go yellowy, as well as rigourous cleaning etc, I do take my hat off to you for keeping those 2 so pristine they are stunning

Thanks Julie, I also have white cochins,they don't eat the same feed either, no maize in their mixed corn, and a special feed for white feathered birds
Best of Breed Cochin Scottish national 2010, 2011, 2012, Best of Breed Favorelles 2012, best Opp size Brahma 2012, Best Sabelpoot and best opp sex 2012 1st with white german langshan fem. AOV large rare - Spangled Rusian Orloff, LF Male Favorelles
araucana
Chick
Chick

Postby julieszoo » 15 Feb 2011, 22:23

I am guessing that the ingredients that give the nice yellow legs also make nice yellow feathers then ;)
julieszoo

Postby araucana » 18 Feb 2011, 09:39

Yes - but the trouble os some need yellow legs and white feathers ](*,) ](*,) I'm showing again this weekend and taking mainly bantams and a few cochins .... as usual everything but the kitchen sink!!!! #-o #-o but I'm taking 4 germans as well ... heres hoping
araucana
Chick
Chick

Postby julieszoo » 18 Feb 2011, 17:58

araucana wrote:Yes - but the trouble os some need yellow legs and white feathers ](*,) ](*,)

Ah, well it wouldn't be fun if it was easy, would it ;)

Good luck at the show, and don't forget to post some pics of your winning germans :)
julieszoo

Postby araucana » 21 Feb 2011, 13:46

Sorry I fotgot my Camera!! in the AOV heavy bantam class 512 entries) I got 1st with a blue german, 2nd with a black and 3rd with a favorelle bantam - also got 1st with a gold sebright pullet and 1st and 2nd in the rare bantam class and went on to win Champion Rare Breed - with porcelain sablepoots
araucana
Chick
Chick

Postby julieszoo » 21 Feb 2011, 15:34

Fantastic results - well done!!
julieszoo

Postby tweedy » 07 Apr 2014, 14:05

Recently acquired a pair of these wonderful little characters.

CP likes this post.
tweedy
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Liked in: 3 posts

Previous

Return to Breeds