Old English Game

One thread for each breed. Threads are started by a moderator - add information about each breed, and contact us to add another.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Old English Game

Postby Cordally Chicks » 10 Nov 2010, 19:27

My girls do a lot of chattering mainly to me if I walk past their pen without stopping. The little cuckoo pullet is more vocal than the cockerals always complaining!
Cordally Chicks

Liked in: 1 post

Postby tweedy » 10 Nov 2010, 19:49

Oh ye the hens really chatter away and nag you almost for some treats. Never known a breed so chatty as the oeg and always pleased to see you.
tweedy
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Cordally Chicks » 10 Nov 2010, 20:28

Mine are fully netted in now as the partridge pullets were little escape artists always sitting on the 8' back fence although they never attempted to fly into the other garden its as though they were teasing me ' he he you can't catch me!' since they have come into lay when I open there gate they hop out and straight back in and have never tried to escape! Just tell me off if I have no mealworms or wheat in my pocket - they so full of character though...
Cordally Chicks

Postby timday60 » 11 Nov 2011, 00:09

Hi folks , i am new to this chicken keeping game . I think I may have Old English Game Hen ... Can someone confirm ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
timday60

Postby tweedy » 11 Nov 2011, 00:58

OEG cross maybe but not pure looking at that photo.
tweedy
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Postby egghead » 02 Jul 2012, 15:01

how do these rate at layers? Do the large fowl lay well just got some bantam eggs of these in bantam and if it goes ok will try the large fowl.
egghead

Postby tweedy » 02 Jul 2012, 19:28

They arent kept for their egg laying abilities i'm afraid.
tweedy
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Postby Totally Clucked » 30 Sep 2012, 10:17

Just got myself a trio of oeg a black red cock and 2 wheaton hens, have been fancying some for a while now and am feeling quite chuffed, chap who I got them off tells me I now need to get myself a partridge cock bird to mix into the breeding.
All new to me but am looking forward to it though I suspect I"ve got a steep learning curve to come but the old guy I got them from seems keen to help me.
Totally Clucked

Postby Marky b » 18 Dec 2012, 20:40

Hi all I'm new on here are there many from Derbyshire on here I've got blood wing pyles. Black reds. Gingers.and brown reds
Marky b

Postby Taboo71 » 30 Dec 2012, 19:47

We've just got our first trio of old english game bantams as my son wants to start showing. Although I've never really been interested in this breed before I'm now totally hooked! Anyway I don't know anything about the breed so joined a group on facebook and proudly showed a picture of them only to get quite an abrubpt comment off someone saying that they hope I'm from the UK as the legs look yellow!! I have since looked at the American breed and they seem totally different to ours, how can this be when they are the same breed? Can anyone give me some advice please? Will try to add a picture of ours.
Taboo71

Postby meadowrise » 08 Feb 2013, 15:33

Hi
I am looking to buy an Old English Game bantam cockerel of approx 1 year old. I live in Canterbury, Kent - can anyone help with this?
meadowrise

Postby chookchook » 10 Feb 2013, 17:22

I live near durham and have 6 semi ferral OEG birchen taken residence in the garden, 4 hens and 2 cockrels, they roost in my neighbours leylandii hedge. would anyone wish to adopt them as some of the neighbours are not happy with them - no idea how to catch them mind!! - they are in excellent condition despite living in the nearby woods for 6 months prior to coming to our gardens for food this winter.
chookchook

Postby pobber » 28 Sep 2014, 15:07

hi i have 2 oeg silver duckwing cockerals & 5 hens with willow green legs hope to start breeding early next i let you know how i get on. trying to put a few pics on but with out success can somebody help me
pobber

Liked in: 0 post

Re: white pyle hen

Postby paul birdman » 31 Dec 2014, 12:02

hi everybody i am looking for a pure white pyle hen carlisle with willow green legs for breeding ive got a cockeral but c'not find a hen

MamaOwl likes this post.
paul birdman
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby paul birdman » 25 Feb 2015, 12:05

269.jpg
got silver duckwings with willow green legs carlisle large fowl eggs in incubator hope to have chicks in 3 weeks time when get to pullet size will sell he is the father
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paul birdman
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 2 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Breeds