Sumatra

One thread for each breed. Threads are started by a moderator - add information about each breed, and contact us to add another.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sumatra

Postby petejw76 » 09 Jan 2010, 23:32

i can certainly say they are hardy but as all of mine are less than a year old i will reserve judgement on their longevity!
petejw76

Liked in: 1 post

Postby petejw76 » 03 Jul 2010, 19:28

Sold my first ever birds at an auction today! Made the best chicken price of £37 a bird for one cock and 3 hens! Couldnt stop smiling! :grin:
petejw76

Postby CP » 03 Jul 2010, 21:31

=D> \:D/
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero
CP

Liked in: 171 posts

Postby birdsofparadise » 04 Jul 2010, 12:18

my favourite birds and my favourite boy Casper. Brilliant layers great broodies and very friendly. :grin:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
birdsofparadise

Postby birdsofparadise » 04 Jul 2010, 12:21

he was only a few months old on that pic. His tail and saddle feathers are now quite alot longer (trail on the floor) and he has 3 spurs on each leg. His comb and wattles have not changed and show absolutely no red. I am delighted with this guy and can't wait to see how his youngsters grow.
birdsofparadise

Postby petejw76 » 04 Jul 2010, 12:52

i have one hen who lays about 6 eggs and is broody and you are right a brilliant mother!
petejw76

Postby alexpez23 » 08 Dec 2013, 22:51

I thought i would post a pic of my white sumatras, only have a cock and two chicks left as unfortunately something attacked my hen and killed her, luckily one of the chicks is female so should be able to breed in 2014
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alexpez23
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 2 posts

Previous

Return to Breeds