Old English Game

One thread for each breed. Threads are started by a moderator - add information about each breed, and contact us to add another.

Moderator: Moderators

paul birdman
Chick
Chick

Re: Old English Game

Post by paul birdman » 27 Sep 2016, 17:57

hi everybody i need some advice i got a 3 yearold pure silver duckwing cockeral he is molting for the winter but he completly changing colour he is losing his white saddle it is going grey his wings are going brown his chest is losing all his black feathers may be going cream the hackle has stayed the same i have not give it any colour feed i give all my birds the same does anybody know why this has happened

organic chick
Chick
Chick

Post by organic chick » 30 Sep 2016, 14:23

he will probably revert to colour when the new feathers are fully grown
Penny and Freckles - the WArren Girls'
Star and Flopsy (the latter of the floppy comb) both members of the White Star Faction.
Fedora and Florence the Cream Legbars
Emily (see Emily lay) and Erica the Light Sussex babes
1 current husband aka the structural engineer
1 large organic allotment
The Lady Isabella Pickford-Fiennes, a feline of distinction and excellent mouser

paul birdman
Chick
Chick

Post by paul birdman » 05 Oct 2016, 07:31

hi organic chick what do you mean he revert back he has completly changing colour from when he was a stag he was breed from the carlilse champion 2013 and the hen won the same year i d'not understand what you mean

paul birdman
Chick
Chick

Post by paul birdman » 25 Jul 2017, 12:59

the cockerel is started to moult again hope he go back to his original colour I've got 1 cockerel & 2 black splash hens about 14 month old they had 8 chick 2 pair are blue red duns, pure black hen, 2 white black splash 1 cock 1 hen, 1 stag could be a black red stag had to kill a white black splash stag feet was really bad

paul birdman
Chick
Chick

Post by paul birdman » 03 Dec 2017, 13:24

hi everybody what on earth is going on with old english game birds i bred this summer 3 blue reds 1 black red 1 blood red white pyle all with black or green legs silver duck wing with green legs a pure gypsy faced hen with black legs but cannot sell any what is the hell going on is it worth breeding next year

kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by kated » 03 Dec 2017, 14:12

My daughter has culled a lot of hers this year for the same reason. (Not OEGs)

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MamaOwl » 03 Dec 2017, 15:03

Really? But they are beautiful birds, especially the roosters!

Fashions must have changed?
Mum to 5, grandmother to 2, wife to 1

CP

Post by CP » 03 Dec 2017, 15:28

Too much interbreeding, perhaps?
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MamaOwl » 03 Dec 2017, 15:35

Oh... I miss the 'like' button.... A casualty of the upgrade.... hmmm
Mum to 5, grandmother to 2, wife to 1