Long time no see

From Orpingtons to Ostrich. Hybrids, pure breeds or just your breeds. Watermael to waterfowl. Put all your general posts here.

Moderator: Moderators

subruss

Long time no see

Post by subruss » 21 Jan 2018, 14:52

Hello all. I found my way back due to a happy Christmas email, I have not been active since the old way of doing things shut down, I hope a few people remember me (for good or bad) I will have forgotten which :grin: . Stand by for a bit more turkey talk for the very few who are interested :lol: .

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Long time no see

Post by MamaOwl » 21 Jan 2018, 22:10

HA HA!!!

HELLO!!!!!!!

I'm currently refurbishing an old Victorian/Edwardian house and it has been last lived in by an obsessive hoarder and a LOT of pigeons.... a LOT...

I am there most days 8:45 - 3:30 and I love / hate it...

Hope you are well.. where have you been and what have you been doing???
Mum to 5, grandmother to 2, wife to 1

subruss

Post by subruss » 22 Jan 2018, 10:11

What have I been doing , Well, WE have completely refurbished the house over the last 3 years, Doing well breeding the bourbon red turkeys and I still have the same chickens from when I was last on here(They just wont die :) ) every chicken I get seems to live for about 9 years Had one natural death in the last 5 years so now I have a lot of old friend and not many eggs :lol: the rest of my time is taken up with the Emergency granddad routine to the 14 little *^$%"%"s (darlings)

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MamaOwl » 22 Jan 2018, 20:40

14 !!!!!!! You lucky man!.... I have 5 children and so far only 2 Grandchildren, I have said if they all have 5 also then that will be sufficient! lmao

Any tips for the refurb? Was your house in a bad state too or just old?

I have been chopping away at a jungle today in the garden, it was a gloriously sunny day so I really enjoyed it!

CP

Post by CP » 23 Jan 2018, 00:11

Welcome back subruss. ;)
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

subruss

Post by subruss » 25 Jan 2018, 10:13

The only advice I can give ref refurbishing a house is STAY CALM, DONT PANIC AND SMILE ALOT :lol: even when feeling :angryfire:

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MamaOwl » 25 Jan 2018, 17:19

Ahhh I'm a calm in the face of adversity kind of person.... But I get that others aren't so I have graffiti on all the walls downstairs messages to everyone...

"One day we will be watching TV in here my darlings!"

"This room will host many a grand dinner.... Never give up hope....!"

"Love wins... and I love you all!"

etc etc..... Lots of red hearts all over the place and peace signs too.... I mean the walls have to be stripped anyway so why not use them in the interim!