Thanks and Goodbye to the Forum!!

From Orpingtons to Ostrich. Hybrids, pure breeds or just your breeds. Watermael to waterfowl. Put all your general posts here.

Moderator: Moderators

Thanks and Goodbye to the Forum!!

Postby Moriarty » 21 Feb 2016, 07:23

Well the end of March isn't far off and it would be a shame if this forum quietly disappeared without some kind of fanfare and recognition of how useful it's been to poultry keepers.

So let me start ... firstly a big THANK YOU to everybody who's contributed to this forum with advice, wisdom, jokes, experience, reassurance, etc. I came on here as a newbie with three runaway hens from the local poultry farm and absolutely no idea what to do and received good advice about housing and feeding. When one of the brood was sick, this was the first place I would go to for help. When one died then I'd get lovely messages from people who recognised that they were not just poultry, just pets with names and characters.

The forum has always felt like a family - even though you're complete strangers, but with a common enthusiasm. And slowly I was able to give advice and pass on the knowledge and goodwill to others.

So many contributors over the years and too many to mention so I won't, except special thanks to Mama Owl took it on after Stephen passed the baton. Extra special thanks to you both for hard work over the years. There's always work behind the scenes which is unacknowledged and often unappreciated so it's time to actually give you a medal for what you've done. :king: :king: (unfortunately I couldn't find a medal smilie so here's some crowns instead!!) :king: :queen: :king:

Whilst the forum has been quiet in recent months I'm hoping that more will come and say goodbye and really boost this thread! But meantime, big thanks to all, whoever you are. I hope we all keep in touch on the Facebook group!!!

xxxxxx
Moriarty
my chooks: Sage&Onion, Roger the randy cockerel, Squawkbox, Bonnie 'N' Clyde, Pancakes, Custard, Omelette & EggNog. Plus four garden cats and another half dozen feral ones that I feed. And a nursery of pipistrelle bats in the verandah roof ..

3 people like this post.
Moriarty

Liked in: 212 posts

Re: Thanks and Goodbye to the Forum!!

Postby organic chick » 21 Feb 2016, 10:20

It ain't over till the fat lady sings .........

As they say.
Penny and Freckles - the WArren Girls'
Star and Flopsy (the latter of the floppy comb) both members of the White Star Faction.
Fedora and Florence the Cream Legbars
Emily (see Emily lay) and Erica the Light Sussex babes
1 current husband aka the structural engineer
1 large organic allotment
The Lady Isabella Pickford-Fiennes, a feline of distinction and excellent mouser

CP likes this post.
organic chick
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 124 posts

Postby hoosier » 21 Feb 2016, 13:50

Well said, Moriarty. I don't think I could add anything.

2 people like this post.
hoosier
Pullet
Pullet

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby Diane » 21 Feb 2016, 19:59

I'll be sad to see it go - lots of lovely people on here and helpful info. It's always my first forum to check out - and sometimes things do go quiet but I think it's just the time of the year. It's a shame it will be gone when folk are gearing up for breeding and making plans for the coming year. Thank you to all for a great forum.

2 people like this post.
Diane
Hen
Hen

Liked in: 74 posts

Postby amianne » 23 Feb 2016, 10:34

I to came to this forum as a newbie when living in France, I always managed to find helpful advice from other members. I don't use it so much these days as experience and how to deal with various things, I now recognise, thanks to this site.
Thank you to all who were involved in creating and running the site it takes dedication to do that, good luck in the future.
YOU WILL BE MISSED .

3 people like this post.
amianne
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby subruss » 27 Feb 2016, 22:52

Not alot to say really :( thankyou all :thumbright:
subruss

Liked in: 354 posts

Postby kated » 29 Feb 2016, 14:40

Goodbye poultry forum - I shall miss you, thank you for being a good friend over the years!

hoosier likes this post.
kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Liked in: 81 posts

Postby farmer Warren » 15 Oct 2016, 12:26

still here ?
farmer Warren
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby kated » 15 Oct 2016, 13:20

yes, still here but very sporadically.
kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Liked in: 81 posts

Postby CP » 16 Oct 2016, 01:12

Yes, some of us are still here! 8)
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero
CP

Liked in: 166 posts

Postby organic chick » 16 Oct 2016, 14:42

Indeed we are!
Star and Flopsy (the latter of the floppy comb) both members of the White Star Faction.
The Lady Isabella Pickford-Fiennes, a feline of distinction and excellent mouser
organic chick
Chick
Chick

Postby Moriarty » 17 Oct 2016, 15:22

well I pop in from time to time too. I started this thread because it really did seem like the forum would end; however the Facebook group is very lively. I'm not sure whether it's because FBook is easier to use for many or whether it's because many of us check FB several times a day but other discussion forums just once a day/every few days.
my chooks: Sage&Onion, Roger the randy cockerel, Squawkbox, Bonnie 'N' Clyde, Pancakes, Custard, Omelette & EggNog. Plus four garden cats and another half dozen feral ones that I feed. And a nursery of pipistrelle bats in the verandah roof ..

CP likes this post.
Moriarty

Liked in: 212 posts

Postby organic chick » 18 Oct 2016, 22:31

I do FB more often as my family are all over the world and we keep in touch that way. Ionly pop on here to look at the archive information now and again.
organic chick
Chick
Chick

Postby MamaOwl » 09 Nov 2016, 09:47

Still here :-)
We finally moved house... thank goodness this stressful year is almost over!!

But then I wake up to TRUMP news!!!!

America has gone mad!!! surely?
Mum to 5, (youngish lol) grandmother to 2.

kated likes this post.
MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 218 posts

Postby CP » 09 Nov 2016, 22:36

I get that Donald Trump isn't the most ideal President but waaay better than Hillary Clinton! ;)
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero
CP

Liked in: 166 posts

Next

Return to General & Misc