never happened before

From Orpingtons to Ostrich. Hybrids, pure breeds or just your breeds. Watermael to waterfowl. Put all your general posts here.

Moderator: Moderators

subruss

never happened before

Post by subruss » 07 Oct 2014, 11:13

I Hatched a few cream legbars this year and sold most of them in September at five months old leaving me with two clb hens. I had had a drop in egg production due to molting and change in weather but unnoticed by me a rir bantam started to lay in a garden 2 doors away then one of the clb,s went missing I looked everywhere and in the end gave up believing the worst. Two weeks later the bloke from 2 doors away said he had found one of my hens in a bush and she was in a bad way on investigation it turned out to be my lost clb pullet sitting on ten bantam eggs we agreed to leave her where she was and a week later she walked home with 4 chicks. This pullet had never laid an egg and had not even reddened up in preparation to do so. :scratch:

Lily
Hen
Hen

Re: never happened before

Post by Lily » 07 Oct 2014, 11:36

Wow! what a lovely surprise. :grin: Is she ok now?
Human beings are the only creatures on earth that allow their children to come back home."

drfish
Location: Head in the clouds, on a high bit in Nottinghamshire

Post by drfish » 07 Oct 2014, 12:17

Supernanny. At such a young age. She'll make a good brooder that one will.
Giving power to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to a teenage boy - P. J. O'Rourke (thanks Jessie)

It's amazing that people can believe everything is predestined but they still look both ways when crossing the road - Stephen Hawking

1 Wife, 3 children, 1 Staffie Bitch (RIP Marley), 1 Chi-Chi, 1 Tuxedo Cat, 1 part Maine Coon cat, male bearded dragon, Horsefield Tortoise, 2 White Silkies, 1 Frizzle Pekin, 1 CLB, 1 Appenzeller Spitzhauben Cockerel, 1 blue laced Wyandotte, 3 Appenzeller x Wynadotte pullets, 1 Call drake, 3 khaki Campbell ducks, 4 (2 male 2 female?) Aylesbury x Campbells, a breeding colony of Dubia cockroaches.

And a lot of Ibuprofen.

jillychick
Pullet
Pullet

Post by jillychick » 07 Oct 2014, 16:14

Yeah good luck with that one I've got one I just can't break I never dreamt it could be this hard! Once determined nothing stops them except chicks!!!! which she's deffenetley not getting lol good luck with the chicks subruss :grin:
1 very lovely Golden Retriever 2 Dutch Rabbits ( belonging to my grandson ) no snobs in my bunch of hens 2 Ambers. 1Black Tail 2 Copper marans. 4 White Leghorns 1 Gold Top constantly broody! Nugget the cockerel and his sister petal
Oh and a very lovely husband who puts up with my pets because he loves me very much.

PixieDust
Chick
Chick

Post by PixieDust » 08 Oct 2014, 09:12

What a lovely surprise. :grin:
One wonderful bloke, one Cocker Spaniel. Girls arrived 15/11/14 Columbine - Winter, (Winnie), Bluebell - Pixie, Light Sussex, - Lillith, (Lily).
Black Copper Maran - Autumn, (Pob) RIP 15/12/14