College Project Market Research for Goose Keepers

From Orpingtons to Ostrich. Hybrids, pure breeds or just your breeds. Watermael to waterfowl. Put all your general posts here.

Moderator: Moderators

missclucas1983

College Project Market Research for Goose Keepers

Post by missclucas1983 » 05 Feb 2014, 12:26

Hi, i'm studying Animal Care at an HND Level and I have a large project to do as part of the course and this requires some market research. If any of you keep geese, or even any kind of water fowl, would you mind taking a couple of minutes to answer a few simple questions for me please?

1. Have you ever heard of the Shetland Goose? If so, what do you know about this breed?

2. If you do happen to keep this breed, or have done in the past, why did you pick that particular breed?

3. If you don't keep Shetland Geese, would you ever consider keeping them in the future? Please give reasons.

nigel
Hen
Hen

Re: College Project Market Research for Goose Keepers

Post by nigel » 07 Feb 2014, 20:44

1. Yes I've heard if the Shetland Goose. A small but very hardy breed, good grazers. Similar in appearance to the larger Scania Goose (Skånegås) and the Öland Goose (Ölandgås) perhaps hinting at a common origin.

2. No I've never kept them, though when in Sweden we did keep and breed the Skånegås.

3. Yes I would. They are a hardy and healthy breed, good foragers needing little supplemental feeding. Their small size makes them ideal for smaller plots.
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use
-Kirkegaard

missclucas1983

Re: College Project Market Research for Goose Keepers

Post by missclucas1983 » 08 Feb 2014, 19:50

Thank you for taking the time to answer :)