Back on his game

From Orpingtons to Ostrich. Hybrids, pure breeds or just your breeds. Watermael to waterfowl. Put all your general posts here.

Moderator: Moderators

brooksidepoultry
Pullet
Pullet

Back on his game

Post by brooksidepoultry » 21 May 2013, 14:12

:grin: Sorry for the delay of me not been on the forum for a while - not been well & been very busy travelling all across the country at present for work & other stuff + the whole predator thing hit me hard but my Turkey stag now has another 2 females & is clearly very happy with them after 2.5 days of been with them he was mating with 1 :shock: :shock: - so he must be keen but I suppose approx 2 months of not having a woman around in the mating season will do that to you :lol: It was getting hard to find any females locally & he was starting to display to my bantams & the ducks :shock: so I'm glad its sorted as he was lonely & I didn't really want to eat or sell him.

The best bit is 1 hen is a Bourbon red - the others a lavender, which I saw him treading but those crosses will go for meat & I may sell her or get some more & a lavender stag if I can get some more bourbons, I just got which females I thought looked good quality & was after a pair minimum - does anyone else think he'll need any more or if I should get some saddles as the hen was a bit shocked by him mounting her & he is quite a big stag - it takes me both hands & arms & a very firm grip to carry him if he roosts in the barn x
A country lass who loves it all x.