a big thanks to a fellow member :)

From Orpingtons to Ostrich. Hybrids, pure breeds or just your breeds. Watermael to waterfowl. Put all your general posts here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: a big thanks to a fellow member :)

Postby podstable » 12 Jul 2011, 18:46

Thanks to all for help/advice given , mainy wanted to say thank you to Henwife (I think it was HW!) for the Ant Powder tip that was given to someone last year. Last year I had my first 'serious' encounter with the little s*ds despite (real) creosote, Diatom, Total mite Kill etc etc. This year my birds/houses are virtually kept on Ant Powder (with a little shavings mixed in!) no sign of them YET . I am now a convert , it seems to work,its cheaper than all the other stuff, even the puffer action of the plastic bottle functions well. Thank you ! Ros =D> =D> =D> Nippon Rules!
podstable

Liked in: 1 post

Postby shire horse girl » 21 Aug 2011, 18:53

i would like to add ny vote of thanks to you all for answering queries that now seem, to me, very silly, and for being such genuine and sincere people xx
shire horse girl
Hen
Hen

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Chris Kurzfeld » 05 Mar 2012, 12:00

The people on this forum are so caring and supportive, I love it when we can have a laugh, tease and give /ask for advice and know we will not be judged. But there are those who go the extra mile, I won't name names as I don't want to embarrass anyone, the kindness shown to me recently by these people is so much appreciated. So a huge thank you to them, your kindness made me cry but it also made me feel less alone - bless you x
Chris

love me, love my 4 dogs, 3 cats, over 100 chickens (but don't tell OH) and 7 sheep - oops, almost forgot the 2 tanks of fish!

I live in my own little world but it's ok - they know me here!
Chris Kurzfeld
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Liked in: 28 posts

Postby ladyplumber » 29 Jun 2013, 18:16

I just wanted to say a BIG thank you to Woof811 for leaping to my rescue recently when I needed to re-home the majority of the hens I had on a smallholding ( Orpingtons and some La Bresse ). He immediately contacted some friends and they were picked up today - isn't the poultry community wonderful !

Thanks to him and Preloved I'm almost sorted now. xxx :occasion5:
1 BlackRock 2 Speckledys 1 Black Brahma 3 Light Sussex 1 Auracana 1 (noisy) Silver Laced Wyandotte 4 Marans x Cream Legbar
4 Barnvelder x Cream Legbar 1 Blue Splash Orpington 2 Chocolate Orpington 5 Gold Laced Orpington

3 people like this post.
ladyplumber

Liked in: 212 posts

Previous

Return to General & Misc