has anyone made soap?

Moderator: Moderators

has anyone made soap?

Postby jillychick » 24 Sep 2013, 08:51

Has any one made soap? I read an article recently and was fascinated and tempted to give it a try. I like organic materials with essential oils.Would any one share recipes? Would make lovely gifts for Christmas
1 very lovely Golden Retriever 2 Dutch Rabbits ( belonging to my grandson ) no snobs in my bunch of hens 2 Ambers. 1Black Tail 2 Copper marans. 4 White Leghorns 1 Gold Top constantly broody! Nugget the cockerel and his sister petal
Oh and a very lovely husband who puts up with my pets because he loves me very much.
jillychick
Pullet
Pullet

Liked in: 193 posts

Re: has anyone made soap?

Postby Gilly C » 24 Sep 2013, 09:01

I have this book
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Handmade-Soap-B ... dmade+soap
not enough time to copy recipes quite complicated to start with, Good Luck
Gilly C
Hen
Hen

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby darkbrowneggs » 24 Sep 2013, 09:06

There's lots of stuff about making soapHERE Julie on that forum is an expert soap maker and I am sure would love to give hints and tips plus I think there are lots of recipes on there also and names of ingredient suppliers :grin:
To follow my travel journal see www.thebusphoebeandme.us For lots of info on keeping and breeding Marans see www.darkbrowneggs.info
darkbrowneggs
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 32 posts

Postby jillychick » 24 Sep 2013, 09:15

Wow that's brilliant I didn't find that link thank you very much. As a absolute beginner I need some advice. This forum is wonderful everyone is so helpful many thanks
1 very lovely Golden Retriever 2 Dutch Rabbits ( belonging to my grandson ) no snobs in my bunch of hens 2 Ambers. 1Black Tail 2 Copper marans. 4 White Leghorns 1 Gold Top constantly broody! Nugget the cockerel and his sister petal
Oh and a very lovely husband who puts up with my pets because he loves me very much.
jillychick
Pullet
Pullet

Postby Moriarty » 24 Sep 2013, 18:55

aha jillychick, you are the first person to officially mention 'Christmas' on this forum so far. Which reminds me, who might be up for a Secret Santa? And who would organise it? Xmas isn't actually that far away !!!!
my chooks: Sage&Onion, Roger the randy cockerel, Squawkbox, Bonnie 'N' Clyde, Pancakes, Custard, Omelette & EggNog. Plus four garden cats and another half dozen feral ones that I feed. And a nursery of pipistrelle bats in the verandah roof ..

CP likes this post.
Moriarty

Liked in: 212 posts

Postby CP » 25 Sep 2013, 03:00

13 weeks!! :shock:
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero
CP

Liked in: 166 posts

Postby jillychick » 25 Sep 2013, 09:42

......and counting lol

CP likes this post.
jillychick
Pullet
Pullet

Return to Crafters Corner