What do you suggest?

Moderator: Moderators

NannyP

What do you suggest?

Post by NannyP » 12 Jul 2010, 21:36

I have a white top which I really like. It has a stain on it, halfway down the front that I've been unable to remove. Even diluted, undiluted bleach isn't touching it and I have no idea what it is.

It's the size of a half p (do you still have those?) and the top has no buttons or decor on the front.

I am thinking to sew something on that spot, a flower or something maybe, also in white, as I don't want it to show too much, but do want it to look like it should be there.

What am I looking for? Is there somewhere I can buy and embroidered flower (like a badge patch).....help .... :?

NannyP

Re: What do you suggest?

Post by NannyP » 12 Jul 2010, 21:46

Oh wow....just did a search for embroidered flower on Ebay and there's loads of choice.

this

and this

and more

In fact, there's too much choice :lol: :lol:

crazypianolady
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by crazypianolady » 12 Jul 2010, 22:06

They all look good :) Depending where the stain is, might two flowers placed symetrically look good?

:)

Gilly C
Hen
Hen

Post by Gilly C » 12 Jul 2010, 23:11

have you tried washing up liquid(it has a bleaching agent in it) soak it for awhile before washing and make sure you dry it in the sun sometimes the stain still appears when wet but goes when dry, is it all white and what materiel is it made from ? over here you can get sachets of stuff that whitens whites ! that might also work ,I have never used them though