Does anyone know....

Moderator: Moderators

Spana

Does anyone know....

Post by Spana » 02 Sep 2009, 12:52

...what scrapbooking is. Its obviously something different to the scrap books we made years ago :?
And when making cards what are backing papers and cardstock :?

jaydee67
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Re: Does anyone know....

Post by jaydee67 » 02 Sep 2009, 18:19

Scrapbooking is basically a memory book where each page is made individually. Someone I know is doing a beautiful one based on her family tree - she has handwritten the tree and it folds out from the page, found stories and pictures about different people and each has a page, she has info on the boat they took to go to Canada, etc, etc.

Backing papers are decorative paper you can stick in the background of your card, or make a feature of, cardstock is the card you use to make a card (I think).

Spana

Re: Does anyone know....

Post by Spana » 02 Sep 2009, 20:37

Thanks Julia :-)

I've been making a few cards with my photographs on the front and a separate inner with a printed message on the right and another small photo on the left and they look quite nice. But i bought a card making magazine today and i cant understand what they are on about most of the time. I seems to me that all the cards they are making are with bought pictures of teddy bears and stick-ons, no help to me at all, and i dont know what a lot of the terms they use are. :(
I paid £3.99 for it as well, robbery
:x