chickens n ????

If you keep other animals for productive purposes, whether for meat, wool or bi-products, here's the area to chat. I mean, you do realise chickens are the gateway drug to other animals, don't you?

Moderator: Moderators

chickens n ????

Postby cleck chicken » 01 Apr 2013, 22:50

i have a fairly big run for my 4 chickens well when i get em this week but just asking on here what else i cud keep with them in there run
thanks
cleck chicken

Liked in: 1 post

Re: chickens n ????

Postby crazypianolady » 02 Apr 2013, 08:47

More chickens........................... ;) :lol:

(Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

To be serious, get your original four and see how the run fares. Even a few chooks can wreak complete devastation within a few weeks!

And remember you have to post photos of your new girls for us to see! :)
crazypianolady
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Liked in: 142 posts

Postby cleck chicken » 02 Apr 2013, 09:19

ye will do i took a few before pics so will add some after as well
cleck chicken

Liked in: 1 post

Postby drfish » 02 Apr 2013, 09:49

Rabbits tend to do well with chickens, although females will almost certainly burrow everywhere, especially when in heat. Problems would arise from keeping multiple males though.

Ducks, but from my experience, not drakes. I had to separate the drakes from my chickens, due to overly amorous attentions.

As CPL said though, wait and see what mess the chickens make first before adding to the woes :grin:
Giving power to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to a teenage boy - P. J. O'Rourke (thanks Jessie)

It's amazing that people can believe everything is predestined but they still look both ways when crossing the road - Stephen Hawking

1 Wife, 3 children, 1 Staffie Bitch (RIP Marley), 1 Chi-Chi, 1 Tuxedo Cat, 1 part Maine Coon cat, male bearded dragon, Horsefield Tortoise, 2 White Silkies, 1 Frizzle Pekin, 1 CLB, 1 Appenzeller Spitzhauben Cockerel, 1 blue laced Wyandotte, 3 Appenzeller x Wynadotte pullets, 1 Call drake, 3 khaki Campbell ducks, 4 (2 male 2 female?) Aylesbury x Campbells, a breeding colony of Dubia cockroaches.

And a lot of Ibuprofen.
drfish

Liked in: 704 posts
Location: Head in the clouds, on a high bit in Nottinghamshire

Return to Smallholder animals