Dispatch Course in Midlands

If you also want your own fruit and veg, as well as eggs and chickens, here's the area to discuss it.

Moderator: Moderators

Dispatch Course in Midlands

Postby lwescott » 04 Sep 2013, 17:09

Thought I would share this in case anyone is interested:

Poultry Dispatch & Dress Course
"For people striving towards self sufficiency, wanting to learn how to dispatch an ill chicken or for people with cockerels resulting from hatching, this course is a must.
We run practical courses to educate and inform people about rasing meat birds, covering dispatch and preparing birds for the table - plucking and gutting.

You will take home a ready to roast chicken as well as a second plucked bird for you to take home to gut and reinforce what you learn on the course.
Courses are held in small groups of 6-8 people and ran in a friendly manner using the humane and efficient 'Broomstick method' of dispatch. You will be helped individually when it is your turn and given as much time as you need to perform the deed.

As well as the two meat birds, you will also be given a goody bag containing step-by-step course notes to use at home, along with information leaflets and product samples related to poultry keeping."

Date: Sunday 6th October
Venue: Cotswold Chickens (part of The Cotswold Goodlife Company), Edgehill Stud, Stratford Rd, CV35 0DX

Link:
http://www.cotswoldchickens.com/dispatc ... -881-p.asp

CP likes this post.
lwescott

Liked in: 1 post

Re: Dispatch Course in Midlands

Postby CP » 06 Sep 2013, 01:49

Well worth going on one of these courses. ;)
My OH & I attended a local one several years ago which gave me the confidence to use the broomstick method myself. ;) Whilst I will never get used to the smell of gutting, our course also showed how to de-bone & dress the bird for the table. And they tasted fabulous!
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero
CP

Liked in: 171 posts

Return to Grow Your Own