wishing it would warm up!

If you also want your own fruit and veg, as well as eggs and chickens, here's the area to discuss it.

Moderator: Moderators

wishing it would warm up!

Postby iwilson » 29 Mar 2013, 20:30

Our green house is about to burst at the seams LOL
I have been down there today planting up another load of plants and veg, moving them on from the pricking out stages and I am really wishing for spring to really arrive now....
my veg, fruit and flowers need to be going outside now please...........
so please spring
bounce a little faster our way to the UK
I have asked nicely now :roll:
iwilson

Liked in: 1 post

Re: wishing it would warm up!

Postby lewisjones » 29 Mar 2013, 21:20

iwilson can you ask a bit louder.
lewisjones
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby iwilson » 30 Mar 2013, 19:21

LOL ..... okay .... here goes .............

:director:

PLEASE SPRING ............ HURRY UP AND GET HERE .......... WE NEED YOU TO HELP US GROW OUR YUMMY FOOD AND TO SEE OUR FLOWERS BLOOM AND GROW

:smt046

CP likes this post.
iwilson

Postby lewisjones » 30 Mar 2013, 19:33

sorted, it worked, lovely day today, thank's.
lewisjones
Chick
Chick

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby iwilson » 30 Mar 2013, 19:48

It has been a nice day in the sun .....
I will try again tomorrow [-o<
iwilson

Postby Woodland Hen » 02 Apr 2013, 22:19

I will ask too. We have had veg seedlings up for weeks in the greenhouse and they just arn't growing cause it's so cold. We are planting a garden this year and have over 50 trays of perennials in there....same thing all germinated in the warm of the house but were struggling in the green house so we invested in 100 meters of soil warming cable, built a propagation out of king span and windows and they are now doing okay but OH has ousted t he veg in place of the flowers.
Barred Plymouth Rocks, Silver Pencilled and Partridge Wyandottes, 24 cows, 10 sheep, 3 horses, a cat, a dog..........always knackered!
Woodland Hen
Pullet
Pullet

Liked in: 43 posts

Postby iwilson » 03 Apr 2013, 10:12

i know what you mean ... my annuals are starting to wither away now ....
we have been hard at it with our garden and are vertually starting from scratch this year as when we moved in to our house last october it had been just left and was only a just about cut down 1/3 of an acre of grass sort of stuff lol ....
its going to be a late start but my peas and beans and carrots are just showing their green tufts of sprouting growth now .... fingers crossed for the rest
iwilson

Postby kated » 03 Apr 2013, 11:47

The plants and seeds may not think it's spring, but by gum the rabbits do! My newly dug over veg beds have each developed craters and burrows over the past few days.
kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Liked in: 81 posts

Postby drfish » 03 Apr 2013, 12:17

I still have about 3" snow on my back garden. It's getting a bit boring now.
Giving power to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to a teenage boy - P. J. O'Rourke (thanks Jessie)

It's amazing that people can believe everything is predestined but they still look both ways when crossing the road - Stephen Hawking

1 Wife, 3 children, 1 Staffie Bitch (RIP Marley), 1 Chi-Chi, 1 Tuxedo Cat, 1 part Maine Coon cat, male bearded dragon, Horsefield Tortoise, 2 White Silkies, 1 Frizzle Pekin, 1 CLB, 1 Appenzeller Spitzhauben Cockerel, 1 blue laced Wyandotte, 3 Appenzeller x Wynadotte pullets, 1 Call drake, 3 khaki Campbell ducks, 4 (2 male 2 female?) Aylesbury x Campbells, a breeding colony of Dubia cockroaches.

And a lot of Ibuprofen.
drfish

Liked in: 704 posts
Location: Head in the clouds, on a high bit in Nottinghamshire

Postby iwilson » 03 Apr 2013, 14:06

We have sunshine today .... all the snow has gone, but by hecky thump it's chilly!
Just been out chatting to our ladies, thanking them for 2 more eggs today and my nose is bright red on coming back inside ....
but our weather lady promised some warmer weather to arrive at the weekend .....
fingers crossed it will start working it's way up the country too :)
iwilson

Postby Woodland Hen » 04 Apr 2013, 08:55

Lets hope they are right and it is warmer next week. Its been sunny but so so cold. Am on strike today and OH is having to do all the aminals this morning as I don't want to go out in the cold. That said it's cold in the house too :(
Also have chciks in the spare bed room that I want to get out to the iutbuildings oh and another 9 packets of seeds picked up at the garden center to plant so COME ON SPRING!
Barred Plymouth Rocks, Silver Pencilled and Partridge Wyandottes, 24 cows, 10 sheep, 3 horses, a cat, a dog..........always knackered!
Woodland Hen
Pullet
Pullet

Liked in: 43 posts

Return to Grow Your Own