when to sow peas?

If you also want your own fruit and veg, as well as eggs and chickens, here's the area to discuss it.

Moderator: Moderators

darcyvuqua

when to sow peas?

Post by darcyvuqua » 21 Apr 2012, 14:48

when do you sow these bad boys and when do you harvest i have a seed box loads of peas in the box but no packet cant remember when i did it last year!

many thanks

fakefur

Re: when to sow peas?

Post by fakefur » 21 Apr 2012, 15:16

You can sow peas outside any time from Mid March to mid June and harvest depending on planting any time, from July until the start of October if you are lucky! Sow batches every 2- 3 weeks for continuous supply....Sow directly into the soil in flat drills about 15 cm about 50mm deep in 2 rows with seeds about 5cm apart. They should germinate within 10 days. Put your supports in when the plants are still small. I use plastic trellis supported with canes between the rows....Remember to compost/manure well for best results. Hope this helps you :-) Enjoy!

Mark-p
Chick
Chick

when to sow peas?

Post by Mark-p » 21 Apr 2012, 22:45

Sown and now have flowers on. Think I did them late January in the green house and been out side the last few weeks :-)

Gallina Blanca
Pullet
Pullet

Re: when to sow peas?

Post by Gallina Blanca » 26 Apr 2012, 22:08

We are picking our first peas now, we plant them at the same time as the broad beans which is just before or on All Saints day.