Goat for dinner

Share your favourite poultry & egg related recipes.

Moderator: Moderators

Goat for dinner

Postby frank the troll » 18 Sep 2011, 11:20

Yep, thats right, Goat

Going to roast some for tonight, and then theres enough to make a batch of curry
Meat looks very lean, and a little darker than lamb, will let you know how it tastes later
frank the troll

Liked in: 1 post

Re: Goat for dinner

Postby tweedy » 18 Sep 2011, 11:49

Goat curry is wonderful.
tweedy
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby nigel » 18 Sep 2011, 12:02

I love curry goat.
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use
-Kirkegaard
nigel
Hen
Hen

Liked in: 51 posts

Postby debcat » 18 Sep 2011, 13:12

goats lovely :grin:
we're all sane it's the rest of the world thats mad!
debcat

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby mojo » 18 Sep 2011, 14:24

dont worry about curry thats for leftovers..................marinade overnight in wine with herbs and a single clove of garlic if liked ....................roast with lots of fresh veg.....reduce the wine by three quarters and make gravy ....................serve with roast spuds and those veg.............thats the ideal goat recipe
Give a smile away every day to a stranger............and a hug to a friend
mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Liked in: 25 posts

Postby frank the troll » 19 Sep 2011, 10:14

mojo wrote:dont worry about curry thats for leftovers..................marinade overnight in wine with herbs and a single clove of garlic if liked ....................roast with lots of fresh veg.....reduce the wine by three quarters and make gravy ....................serve with roast spuds and those veg.............thats the ideal goat recipe

:) :) granny and sucking eggs springs to mind, I used to be a chef many moons ago

When roasting, I usually add a little chopped oinion and garlic, a little olive oil, and a dash or two of wine, (home brewed) I smeard with goat with some whole grain mustard
It turned out really nice, and even better, was that all the veggies were freshly picked/dug home growned. yummy

Sorry, disagree, Curry is not for left-overs, I make brill curries, and mix and grind all the spices myself, and I oven cook rice with a little chopped oinion and crushed cardamon (the cardamon comes to the top when rice is cooked, so easy to take the seeds out before serving)
Try oven cooked rice, you will never want boiled again

We have a wood fired cooking range which is brill, and very cheap to use
frank the troll

Postby CP » 19 Sep 2011, 13:09

How do you oven cook rice, please? :scratch:
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero
CP

Liked in: 166 posts

Postby lazaf » 19 Sep 2011, 13:52

Goat meat tends to be very lean and actually nicer than lamb when very fresh (lamb can often has a strong overtone to it). Good luck with whatever you decide to make :)
lazaf

Postby frank the troll » 19 Sep 2011, 19:29

CP wrote:How do you oven cook rice, please? :scratch:

Real easy CP

In a cassarole dish, add handfull of rice per person (practice) a little chop onion (optional), a little garlic if you like, salt, and the crushed green caradmon (approx 6 to 8 seed pods, or too taste) these come to top when rice is cooked, so easy to remove before serving (the chooks lovethe left-overs)
cover with approx an inch of hot or boiling water, put on lid and into oven, depends on temp as to how long, (when water has gone) approx 45min, take off lid if for last 10 mins if you like a crispy top.
I use brown rice mixed 50/50 with french red rice (Camargue rice) as it give a nice nutty taste and a little extra texture (you can use white if you perfer)
Try, and Enjoy, I for one, will never cook or serve boiled rice ever again.
frank the troll

Postby frank the troll » 19 Sep 2011, 19:35

lazaf wrote: Good luck with whatever you decide to make :)

I did both lazaf - sunday roast, and a curry today, both very nice
frank the troll

Postby lazaf » 19 Sep 2011, 19:40

My mouth is watering as we speak. Mmmmmm
lazaf

Postby frank the troll » 21 Sep 2011, 18:01

lazaf wrote:My mouth is watering as we speak. Mmmmmm

Can I tempt you with pudding: Home made cheesecake, yum yum