Slow Cooker recipes.

Share your favourite poultry & egg related recipes.

Moderator: Moderators

Slow Cooker recipes.

Postby CP » 11 Oct 2010, 08:55

Post your slow cooker recipes here. ;)
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero
CP

Liked in: 167 posts

Re: Slow Cooker recipes.

Postby krystal » 12 Oct 2010, 09:12

Thank you cp i love my slow cooker, can i have some different ideas please guys :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
krystal

Liked in: 1 post

Postby NCOTB » 13 Oct 2010, 03:09

Havent got a slow cooker myself, but maybe put your recipes up so others can have a look
NCOTB
Pullet
Pullet

Liked in: 10 posts

Postby mojo » 18 Feb 2011, 12:32

chicken .........cut to fit and add 2 chicken cubes to enough cider to 3/4 fill SC add ONE clove plus a heaped teaspoon of hungarian paprika(the milder one) add you favorite veg to suit.......add salt and pepper to taste AFTER cooking.........super with rabbit too if you like it
Give a smile away every day to a stranger............and a hug to a friend
mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Liked in: 25 posts

Postby drfish » 06 Jul 2011, 11:13

Silverside/Topside joint.

Firstly, and this is purely down to personal preference, seal the meat in whatever method best suits. I tend to use a little rubbed in olive oil, very high heat frying pan, and give it about a minute on each outer surface.
Once done, remove and allow the meat to rest for ten minutes at room temp.
Prepare your herbs and spices as per taste, I tend to use fresh rosemary, steakhouse mixed pepper, garlic, fresh chopped red onions and a little smoked paprika.
Put the joint into the slow cooker and set to low heat setting.
Add water to about 1/4 way up the joint.
Find something to do for the foreseeable future.

I find a 1kg joint takes around 4-5 hours, depending on taste. I like to do my joint medium-rare, so I generally go for the 4 hour mark as a guide. If you are in a hurry, switch the slow cooker to high and it's ready in about 2.5 hours for medium rare. Most importantly though, be sure to let the meat rest under foil at least 15 minutes before carving.

Makes a deliciously juicy and soft joint, far better than any oven cooked joint I've had, with the exception of the old range cooker we had at the pub, which could cook by pilot light at around 70c. Used to cook the joint overnight and it took around 8 hours per kilo.
Giving power to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to a teenage boy - P. J. O'Rourke (thanks Jessie)

It's amazing that people can believe everything is predestined but they still look both ways when crossing the road - Stephen Hawking

1 Wife, 3 children, 1 Staffie Bitch (RIP Marley), 1 Chi-Chi, 1 Tuxedo Cat, 1 part Maine Coon cat, male bearded dragon, Horsefield Tortoise, 2 White Silkies, 1 Frizzle Pekin, 1 CLB, 1 Appenzeller Spitzhauben Cockerel, 1 blue laced Wyandotte, 3 Appenzeller x Wynadotte pullets, 1 Call drake, 3 khaki Campbell ducks, 4 (2 male 2 female?) Aylesbury x Campbells, a breeding colony of Dubia cockroaches.

And a lot of Ibuprofen.
drfish

Liked in: 704 posts
Location: Head in the clouds, on a high bit in Nottinghamshire

Postby drfish » 06 Jul 2011, 11:20

Corned Beef Stew

Nice tasty stew for the winter months, very easy and cheap to make about 5 litres.

2 tins of corned beef
Oxo/Bisto beef stock
Veg to taste, generally go with Peas, Sweetcorn, Carrots, Diced potatoes and onion.
Water to cover ingredients
Herbs & Spices to taste

Par boil the potato to soften it a little. Then, basically, chop everything to size, bang it all in the slow cooker, cover with lightly salted water and leave to go for around 6 hours on low. For the last 20 minutes, add the stock to the water and gravy granules to thicken. And if it really takes your fancy, throw some dumplings in. I can't stand them, and the missus is wheat intolerant, so we tend not to.

For an extra kick in winter, pop a few fresh chillies or Jalapenos in.
Giving power to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to a teenage boy - P. J. O'Rourke (thanks Jessie)

It's amazing that people can believe everything is predestined but they still look both ways when crossing the road - Stephen Hawking

1 Wife, 3 children, 1 Staffie Bitch (RIP Marley), 1 Chi-Chi, 1 Tuxedo Cat, 1 part Maine Coon cat, male bearded dragon, Horsefield Tortoise, 2 White Silkies, 1 Frizzle Pekin, 1 CLB, 1 Appenzeller Spitzhauben Cockerel, 1 blue laced Wyandotte, 3 Appenzeller x Wynadotte pullets, 1 Call drake, 3 khaki Campbell ducks, 4 (2 male 2 female?) Aylesbury x Campbells, a breeding colony of Dubia cockroaches.

And a lot of Ibuprofen.
drfish

Liked in: 704 posts
Location: Head in the clouds, on a high bit in Nottinghamshire

Return to Recipes