Who's George?

Anything totally off-topic and chatty can go here, without any worries.

Moderator: Moderators

BBpiglet7

Who's George?

Post by BBpiglet7 » 29 Mar 2010, 11:41

Just wondering who this lounge is named after :?:

:pig

CP

Re: Who's George?

Post by CP » 29 Mar 2010, 12:20

George was one of the earliest members of this forum after it was set up as a stop-gap when Practical Poultry forum went off-line for a while.

He was a much loved & valued member here but sadly he died in September 2007. :cry:
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

manic nonie

Post by manic nonie » 29 Mar 2010, 14:56

he was a really nice man who was a great laugh and role model. And a cracking chicken bloke

mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by mojo » 29 Mar 2010, 16:09

and fondly remember by lots of us early members
Give a smile away every day to a stranger............and a hug to a friend

jaydee67
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by jaydee67 » 29 Mar 2010, 17:48

Good point. A lot of the new members won't know who George was - a fantastic friendly guy who would go out of his way for complete strangers. I'm going to sticky this so people will know. Thanks for asking BB.

Gilly C
Hen
Hen

Post by Gilly C » 29 Mar 2010, 18:46

He had a very quick wit, always there to help a hand when needed, I am very lucky to have an automatic door that was his and his incubator they will be moving to France with me, He also had a wonderful partner in Pat , RIP George sadly missed xx

BBpiglet7

Post by BBpiglet7 » 29 Mar 2010, 20:48

It sounds like George is a top guy loved by loads. I specifically said 'is' as from what you've all said, he's still going strong in your memories, and they don't die :sunny:

A real shame I didn't have the pleasure of chatting to him, but I expect he'd be really pleased that this forum is still going and has so many members (even the more slightly loony ones :tard: )

Thanks for telling me about him :thumbright:

:pig

mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by mojo » 29 Mar 2010, 20:56

now you know why we are so gratefull to stephen and his team for giving us this forum and especially Georges Lounge

jaydee67
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by jaydee67 » 29 Mar 2010, 23:46

This is George looking very puzzled by Tufty, a Shetland hen he hatched from eggs I posted to him.

nigel
Hen
Hen

Post by nigel » 30 Mar 2010, 06:58

George was one of those really special people, he was kind, smart and very funny, with an abundance of love and laughter that he showered on his friends here on the forum. I miss him greatly
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use
-Kirkegaard

stephen
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by stephen » 30 Mar 2010, 07:52

... and very much one of the people that encouraged me to keep the forums going beyond the planned couple of weeks that it was meant to be up for. It's 5 years in April since the site opened!
Stephen

Auntie Katie
Hen
Hen

Post by Auntie Katie » 30 Mar 2010, 09:41

Has anybody heard from Pat recently? How is he?

I think I joined just after it had been called George's Lounge but had heard lots about him and Pat from Spana!
====== :dog:============================================================= :dog: =====

milkmaid
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by milkmaid » 30 Mar 2010, 09:48

he was a really lovely person ,we still have a few of his light sussex ,they are still laying and reared a brood last year ,unfortunatly the bird he was holding we lost last year ,
suz
rose comb white dorking nut

hoosier
Pullet
Pullet

Post by hoosier » 10 Apr 2010, 16:19

mojo wrote:and fondly remember by lots of us early members

I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but I do miss his posts - his spirit is still present on here.

mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by mojo » 10 Apr 2010, 16:30

and the rose bush tricia and i planted for George is a mass of bright green leaves...............it flowers in high summer with masses ans masses of small doubles.................Cheers George for being a very special person ........up above with the angels but not forgotten